Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: What is this effect?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anybody know if there's an effect similar to the one in this Skrillex video? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h2LlH94f3tg#t=33s)

Right before the drop ("and they still feel oh so wasted on myself" -drop-) it appears that he does an effect similar to loop-roll and brake at the same time, but when I try to write a mapping for this (effect "LoopRoll" active while_pressed & effect "brake" active while_pressed) the LoopRoll plays but the brake doesn't work. The main reason I thought it'd be the brake effect is because it decreases the pitch and slows the song down.

Any help is appreciated,
-DJ Blaqout

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 3:00 pm
use rollit instead, it will make that sound no problem as you can change both the size and the speed of the loop... If you can't make it by tomorrow let me know, I can already think of how to do it, but have a go and see what you can come up with

[VSTi] RollIt! v1.1
Author: Chackl

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 3:38 pm
It keeps crashing VirtualDJ when I try to activate it. Have you had this problem?

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 4:17 pm
whoops I thought you had pro...

You have the first version I would assume... log in with your pro id and you can download the updated version from that link, or you can get a 50% discount on upgrading from the mixtrack pro...

It works pretty well for music, and perfectly for vocals...

Just so you know, you can't chain any of the roll effects apart from rollit, so using brake will not work unfortunately. You can try a couple of free vst effects as well "instajungle" and "daft funk" are similar effects.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 4:31 pm
I have a pro account. Where would I find the updated download once I log into my pro account?

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 4:43 pm
just click on the picture I posted..

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 4:53 pm
(Posting on this account to avoid confusion)

It works fine now, thanks for the help! Much appreciated! :D

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 6:38 pm
no worries, this is the script to do it

effect 'rollit' active while_pressed & effect 'rollit' slider 4 0% & effect 'rollit' slider 1 100% & effect 'rollit' slider 2 37.5% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 50% & repeat 20ms & effect 'rollit' slider 3 -0.01 & effect 'rollit' slider 2 -0.02

you might want to modify the bold numbers to change its behaviour.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 6:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)