Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with audio on Virtual Vinyl controller and external mixer.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ed1220Home userMember since 2012
Hello, I am new to this dj thing I just bought 2 numark tt200 and a m2 numark mixer and virtual vinyl. What i am having trouble with is getting the mixer to work along with the controller. I have all the wires as it shows in the manual. And when i connect the rca cable to the controller from the stereo it only works in output 1 and music plays but the mixer isnt working with it. And then I hook the stereo to the mixer and all i get is a high pitched noise but the crossfader and everything else is working. I was hoping somebody on here could help. thank you

Posted Sat 07 Apr 12 @ 6:59 pm
Someone has to know something...

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 10:10 pm
I think I do....
The Numark M2 is not a controller. It has no USB / MIDI-capabilities so it is impossible to make VDJ react to the mixer.
The high-pitched sound is from the TimeCode-vinyls. It looks like you have connected your TT's to the input of the M2. In that way the timecode-signal is routed to your amp / speakers.

To get things working (maybe you already have one, but didn't mention it) is a ASIO-compatible 4-way in / out soundcard, preferably with (switchable) Phono inputs, a valid installation of Numark Virtual Vinyl or Virtual DJ Pro.
Next:
- Connect the TT's to the inputs of this soundcard
- connect the soundcard with an USB / Firewire-cable to the PC
- Connect the soundcards outputs to your mixer-inputs and the mixer-output to your amp / speakers
- Set up Timecode in Virtual DJ

Now you can control both decks with your TT's.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 11:05 am
Sorry yes i forgot to mention that i do have the numark controller that comes with the virtual vinyl software and i indeed have the usb from the controller to my laptop and the tts are connected to the controller and i have rca cables running from the outputs of the controller to the phono and line inputs of the mixer. And my problem which i really dont understand is when i connect my stereo to the numark controller the mixer i.e the crossfader isnt doing anything. I connected everything as the manual for virtual vinyl says. I really appreciate your help thank you.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 2:39 pm
And if i connect the stereo to the mixer theres two inputs one says master the other record and when i connect it to master that is when i get that loud timecode signal but no music.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 2:57 pm
Martin FourS wrote :

The Numark M2 is not a controller. It has no USB / MIDI-capabilities so it is impossible to make VDJ react to the mixer.

you can try mapping something with this, then press the button

deck left timecode_bypass & deck right timecode_bypass

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 3:13 pm
hey whats up I have been searching for an answer to this problem also. I am trying to record and when I play the mix back I have learned that the cross fader is not being applied is there any way that I can record and get this to work right because when I listen to it I just here the vinyl moving back and forth but not being crossfaded.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 9:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)