Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM sync not working with certain tracks.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm mixing hardcore, i've found that in a few certain tracks the BPM doesn't get read probably, one thing i've found, in your browser inside virtual dj where it lists what tracks you have, under the BPM section, it puts all the track BPM's and a little star to the left of the number, for example:

Notice how one tracks BPM didn't get the star? I don't know what that means.

Not all the tracks get that star, some don't have it, and i find those are the ones that sync won't work properly with. Analyse bpm function doesn't get the right bpm, i've used a different piece of software to get the correct BPM and I have manually edited it to that, it still doesn't work with the BPM sync feature but the BPM is definetly right because if I manually get the beats matched to another track they do stay beat matched.

There seems to be some kind of issue with getting the bpm sync feature to work with any track that doesn't have a * to the left of whatever number the BPM is.

Anyone know if it's even possible to get BPM sync to work in this situation or do i have to work around it somehow?

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 5:25 am
Ok i read about the *, it means it's optimized for automix...

So how can i get around this if I want to use that track and sync doesn't get the beats in match? Really I need to beatmatch manually which is easily done but no good for recording unless I can figure out a way to listen to the track in headphones while I beatmatch it, like you would on normal decks.

How can I go about doing this? So far i've just been using the speakers and syncing the BPM with the sync button. I need to be able to hear the coming track in headphones without it being played for anyone else to hear until i'm ready for it.

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 5:38 am
I think i've worked it out, i need a USB soundcard so I have 2 soundcards and I can put the headphones into the USB soundcard.

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 5:49 am
DjWild0Home userMember since 2012
Im a beginner using numark mixtrack, is there any way i can get around getting a externel sound card so i can cue one song in my headphones and one through the speakers?

Posted Thu 10 May 12 @ 7:01 am

Posted Thu 10 May 12 @ 7:05 am
ekpezHome userMember since 2014
hi, i've got serious issues with bpms not right with most songs with the v dj 8. dj 7 is right when it comes to bpm but there are lots of edges which i believe the version 8 has over v 7 outside the beautiful skin,otherwise you good selves wouldn't have created it! for instance,a particular song has a bpm of 136 on vdj 8, and i'm thinking, this isn't right, so i call up my vdj 7 and key in the same file,what do i get? 94! its all over my enitire library, as long as the vdj 8 is concerned. Now i prefer the vdj 8 over the 7 cus for an amateur like me, its easier workaround than the vd7. can you fix this problem or assist me on how to work around it. I cant reset over 8000 music files manually! And more files come in daily!

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 9:49 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
does this happen when adding/ scanning NEW Tracks to V8 or with existing tracks converted from the V7 database ?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:11 am
I notice it when adding new songs,but like you noted,it must have started when it first downloaded the files from the data base. kills my joy when i'm mixing as all the songs i would have chosen are pushed to the bottom due to incorrect bpm. bpm analysis can go as high as 190 or more!

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:19 am
pls i need a corrective asssitance on this asap as i had started a manual reset and got stuck in the middle due the large library size. i've also tried an update and can't get anywhere. Even the bpm tag editor doesn't come up with the right analysis. will be grateful if help can come, and fast. many thanks.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:37 am
There are many threads about BPM and POI not working when doing a BATCH analyze. It seems that when you do an MANUAL analyze, that the system creates a better, more accurate settings. We ALL hope that the developers are looking into this because most of us have libraries way to big to do each manually.

joe...

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 10:10 am
Hello, my sync button used to work fine before , but now when i sync two tracks , they only sound tight for about two bars and then its starts going out of sync!
Please Help !

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 3:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)