Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Capture new song event

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I'm writing a pretty simple plugin and I want to somehow detect when a new song starts in VDJ. Is this possible? For the moment I am able to query VDJ from time to time to get the current song, but this isn't exactly what I need. Is there a way to receive callbacks when a new song starts?

Thanks,
Andreea

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 12:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No callbacks, you have to poll.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:41 pm
However you can use the "load_pulse" query

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 1:14 pm
Hello Andreea,
Would you mind in giving me some tips of how your plugin looks? I need something similar but since I am not experienced in C++ my source compiles but does not work. I need help in placing the code in the right place (*.h, *.cpp, ...), using the right type of project and what to do with the result, I guess a DLL.
Thank you in advance,
Marcelo

Posted Tue 05 Mar 13 @ 2:43 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I did this some time ago and "load_puse" was not working at me in c++.

The only thing you are able to do is to querry if the Artist and Songtitle and lokk up if it had changed.
But this is verry buggy - you you need a counter - and if the tilte is changed and does not change anymore within the next 5 querrys a new song is loaded.

Regards and good luck.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 2:03 am
Thanks for the response.
It took me a while to teach myself C++ and find out the basics of plugin writing.
I kind of managed to check when the new song is playing and if it comes from the playlist or not. Still I am lacking several pieces of info and I am spending too much time and not being able to find the way. Those are questions related to the playlist.
I will post a new thread with the detailed questions and hope someone fron VDJ support responses although I use the free version.
Thanks,
Marcelo

Posted Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)