Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: wanting to get the fullest use of my mixtrack pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NHumpheHome userMember since 2012
Hi guys this is my first post on here so if your going to be a dick please don't reply. so now that is out of the way i was wondering what all this damn controller can do because ive been using it for mixing but thats about it what else can i do with it? i mean like eveyone else i kindda want to be doing shit like skrillex or the chemical brothers. yes i know that they use ableton to create the music but the cool ass effects and all that shit. thats the stuff i wanna do. so please help me and thank you.

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 9:33 pm
forum etiquette 101 - there is no real need to swear champ, we get what you are asking without swearing, and you can emphasize words with different text formatting, an exclamation mark or CAPS LOCK much better than using strong language...

To get the most from your mixtrack pro you will need to upgrade to get the effects worth getting, and be able to map your controller to suit your style of djing with things like jog effects, superknobs, automated buttons etc... I also noticed you purchased a midi fighter in another thread, you will need vdj pro for this to work alongside your mixtrack pro as vdj le only allows the use of the controller it came bundled with.

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 4:21 am
So you mean To tell me that I now have to fork another what 200 for the other program??? That just really sucks! And that's something I can download from here right? And your positive that the midi doesn't work with the program it comes with?

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 5:18 am
100%... you need virtual dj full pro to use multiple midi controllers, you can activate the trial on your version of le and use it for 20 days... And it will be $150US to upgrade form the mixtrack pro le version to pro. But that also entitles you to download the effects, tools, skins and mappers... I am currently working on a mapper for the midifighter that is being tested by a couple of users, when it works perfectly it will be uploaded, but this is most of what it can do

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 5:29 am
That's not as bad I was thinking it would be. But thank you so mch for all the info. And how has all the testing gone for it? Also have the people that are testing for you said that the midi works great with vdj? Also I was wondering if the effects download is a hassle? And are the effects of the chain?

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 5:42 am
the gate, flanger and crusher are chained together,but the sweep just plays in the background and is unmodified by the other effects... I have an instant gratification one ready to go when vdj8 drops, as i need a vdjscript verb fixed... but there is a thread in the general forum with more information on that..

Any midi controller will work in vdj pro, the midi fighter is just 16 buttons and leds, the key to it operating is the software, with vdj having the most in depth scripting options out of any other major software, the midi fighter works great in vdj as does any other midi controller...

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 6:01 am
ok so i finally have my midi fighter and i need help mapping it to more of live beat making with it, and more effects with it. i also have fl studio and have no idea on how to map the midi in the way im thinking i want it to sound so any thoughts or ideas?

Posted Mon 19 Mar 12 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)