Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New to Virtual DJ and Using Computers for Mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rgranelHome userMember since 2012
Sorry, I accidentially posted this in another thread. I am new to this computer mixing. I last did mixing in the late 1980s using turntables and a basic mixer. Things I could easily do with turntables I have not yet been able to do.

Am able to mix house music but no luck with the old 1980's freestyle and hip hop music. Tried using the automix feature. Here is one example of what I was trying to do. In the old days, I would mix NWAs Gimme Something to Dance To with Debbie Debs When I hear Music. Where NWA song goes to Let the Base Kick, I would cut in the beginning of Debbie Deb at the beginning. I didn't fade it. Just cut right in. Haven't figured out how it is done on Virtual DJ.

Also, how does the headphone feature work. Where do headphones plug in?

Sorry for my dumb questions. Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:16 pm
Headphone? I assume you don't have a controller, so you are going to plug the headphone into your computer.
Do you have a stereo soundcard or a 4.1 or 5.1... If it's only stereo then you probably going to need a USB soundcard to be able to pre-listen your songs. More info would be great ;)

About cutting the songs... It's also possible in VDJ

But before I go and tell you to do this and that, I would like some more info, so that I don't tell you useless things ;)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 2:35 pm
rgranelHome userMember since 2012
Thanks for replying Steve. I am not exactly cutting the music as the Automixing feature seems to do in Virtual DJ. When I used the Automix feature, I used to the Cut option. The mixer cut from NWA to Debbie Deb. I wanted both songs to play simultaneously until the drum beats of Debbie Deb hit. Not cut from one song to another.

I am going to look into what type of soundcard this computer has.

Thanks,

R

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 1:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)