Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: plug-in presets...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey people! I have a question:
So I've just learned how to use VSTs in Vdj. I have been jacking them from all of the software I own lol. Some of them have presets but they are in different folders and file formats. My question is can I use them and how would I do this? would I dump the files from the presets in VDJ's plugins > sound fx?

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 11:52 am
I think the best way that will work everytime is just to map the settings to a button (usually the activation button) so you can just press it and it will set all the parameters eg

effect 'my crazy vst' slider 1 20% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 2 56% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 3 32% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 4 20% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 5 78% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 11 99% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 12 100% &
effect 'my crazy vst' slider 15 20% &
effect 'my crazy vst' active

then delete the spaces out and paste it in

effect 'my crazy vst' slider 1 20% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 2 56% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 3 32% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 4 20% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 5 78% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 11 99% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 12 100% & effect 'my crazy vst' slider 15 20% & effect 'my crazy vst' active

The skin wil only show 8 effect sliders but they are all able to be mapped... when I have a vst that has more than 8 sliders I just map a knob to tell me what the parameter is controlling, and usually the name will show up...

I have never bothered trying built in presets, so cant help much more I'm afraid. And have you found any cool vst's ? I'll show ya mine if you show me yours LOL

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 12:08 pm
lmao... I'll send them all to you once I'm off work. You can be the judge. A few of the filters I've played with are kewl. I've really just been seeing which ones work or not. As I saw that that a few didn't.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 12:36 pm
the really good ones dont work, mainly the free ones, I think VSTi plugins don't work, normal VST's work fine in most cases... If you find a loop roll on your travels I am very interested.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 1:44 pm
Yo Synth, I got your kewl Icon project. It seems very interesting. I don't have an icon but I do have an ion discover. If you could take a look at it and give me some ideas. It doesn't have close to as many buttons as the Icon but I do have a nanopad black 1st gen. Any ideas?

The vsts that I own come from; cubase, fls10, cakewalk, and music maker deluxe...If you want I can send them all to you. I haven't come across any loop fx yet.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 10:30 am
thanks for the offer, but really the only one I want is a roll, I have the rest... but check out

dblue - crusher
dblue - tape stop
dblue - stretch
bletchturm studios - lfo filter v.2
TAL - Dub 2 & 3
Tal - Reverb 2
Quadbyte Studios - filter

all amazing quality, although one of the TAL dub effects shuts down sometimes if you are activating and moving the slider at the same time.

PS. I never knew fruity ones worked, I tried the fruity 9 ones and none of them did. It would be awesome to get the beat repeat from ableton, but I think that is built in so no dll to move..

EDIT ------------------------------

actually Audio Damage Replicant isn't too bad, but cant figure out the settings for a solid roll, or how to mash it with purpose, it's pretty random

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 2:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)