Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Transitions, help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Time to learn something new!

I have successfully followed the Wiki Plugin guide and can create a basic transition.
What would be very useful would be source codes of some existing transitions to reference. (As well as some tutorials)

The transition I would like to create would use a picture (png w/transparent areas) of your choice for the wiper.
After that works, I would like to add menu things like: folder for random picture selection, wipe direction, speed, level.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 6:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't think you can access video transition sources yet. I'm happy to help though if you want to hit me up for anything.

Just one small note - I wrote a transition that uses a picture as a mask and I belive Larry D was using it in Vegas ;)

Posted Wed 15 Feb 12 @ 7:17 am
SBDJ wrote :
I don't think you can access video transition sources yet. I'm happy to help though if you want to hit me up for anything.

Just one small note - I wrote a transition that uses a picture as a mask and I belive Larry D was using it in Vegas ;)

Hi Scott,
Thanks for responding.
Is it a company policy to not release the sources? This would definitely help to learn the syntax and its usage.
Even if the source was an example and not a "real" release would be of help.

Would also love to check out the one you've created. :)

Thanks again,
B.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 12 @ 10:19 am
Hi Scott,
I guess I'll keep at it and bug you when I need help. :)

SBDJ wrote :
I wrote a transition that uses a picture as a mask and I believe Larry D was using it in Vegas ;)

Will this be available? Sounds like what I'm looking for!

Thanks,
B.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 10:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Certainly will, PC version is finished, just need to sort the Mac version.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 11:29 am
Will it have things like transparency level, picture randomization, wipe direction and of course animated pic option?
If not I'll still be happy :)
Just the PC version for me.

Thanks,
B.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 12:36 pm
pse i need some new video transition send them 2 *****@******

[E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted for unlicensed users]

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 3:44 pm
Video transitions are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the full VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Nobody will illegally send you transitions to which you are not currently entitled. Do not ask this again on our forums or your account will be locked.

If you like VirtualDJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it. In return you will gain unlimited access to a vast library of fully tested and verified add-ons as well as future software updates (Such as VirtualDJ v8 when it's released): http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/index.html

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 4:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)