Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CD reading...(very important problem!!!)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I buy some audio cd and VDJ don't read tracks...but only empty directories of the software that is into CD (it's similar to winamp).
These CDs plays in every cd reader at my home.
I want to use VDJ also like a PIONEER CDJ

Thanks.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 8:40 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
can u use winamp to listen to cds?
check that not other soft is reading the cdplayer while vdj is open.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 10:14 pm
In virtual dj window I have the same thing I see in WINDOWS to check CD track------>>no tracks when the CD is into my PC I can listen only if the CD is into a home cd stereo player......

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 1:01 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Is it by Sony? They had some protection thingy that prevented a CD being played in a PC...
Or it could be a mixed mode CD (one with both audio and data), so try to see if some CD ripper will read the audio tracks...

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 8:15 am
It doesn't necessarly need to be Sony, I have seen other companies try the same weak protection (So weak that you can use Windows Media Player to rip them into WMA files, so much for that copy-protection!) There are a few ways to bypass it, but I do not think it is authorized to discuss them here. (Other than the obvious Windows one.) Just do a Google search for it.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 9:00 am
EAC rip the tracks as normal CD...
The problem is that I want to bring and play with me the original CD not mp3 files...
I think that it's a problem of specific rules....

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 11:30 am
i've been having problems too with playing CD's through VDJ. Sometimes it will drag the track on the decks but won't play anything. its quite an annoyance ..... although I am totally satisfied with everything else ... so i should not complain !

Posted Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 5:48 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don`t scan the cd before playing it. It`s a bug

Posted Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)