Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Copying playlist/history to Word

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good morning,
Just wondering if it's possible to "export" my playlists or history to a word document?

The reason I ask is I spend a fair bit of time in my main job (not dj'ing) travelling. I would like to be able to generate a word document of playlists and history so I can review and alter them. I know I would need to change the playlist in VDJ but its just an idea to help me work on my sets when I have time available.

Coops

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 6:54 pm
you can do it... you need to open the m3u playlist file in notepad. it is located

C:\Users\User\Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists

#VirtualDJ Playlist
#MixType=Smart
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\New Folder\1429130_Chronic_2010_Remix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\318448_Lowdown_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\New Folder\1058980_Burning_Original_Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\New Folder\1483951_Magnetix_Original_Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\1359373_Come Again_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\1483792_Space Time_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\1358456_The Reward_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\1113373_Numbers_Camo Krooked Remix.mp3
C:\Users\User\Music\New folder\Beatport Music\1536821_Inside My Soul_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\1436192_Cant Get Enough_Original Mix.mp3
C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\New Folder\1058979_Come_Back_Home_Original_Mix.mp3

then use "find and replace" to get rid of things you don't need like the filepath, so you would find "C:\Users\synthet1c\Music\Beatport Music\New Folder\" and replace it with nothing... beatport is a bad example sorry as the artist isn't in the file name. but you should get the idea... then paste it into word or excell.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:30 am
You can go to the Documents folder of your computer, choose Virtual DJ, then choose Tracklisting
Roll all the way down till you get a textdocument that has the name Tracklist
Open that, again roll all the way down (cause there is your last mix) or use CTRL+F and tyo the date you want (ilike this yyyy/mm/dd)

Copy the piece you want (CTRL+C)

Then open wordpad or any other word-like program...

Paste it (CTRL+V)

And delete everythng you don't want... And there you go.

That's the way I do it to put my tracklists on Mixcloud.
It's better than having to typ every song :))

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 4:49 pm
Thanks gents.. I didn't think about trying to open that file.
Appreciate all your help.
Coops

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 8:43 pm
Great Info. It Works ThankYou Very Much Poster

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 5:06 pm
Thank you for this-it was a huge help!

Posted Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)