Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: What are the most used plugins not available for Mac? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am trying to decide if I should buy and install windows on my Mac with bootcamp. I would really like to be able to run the sonique plugin, but I don't think this one plugin justifies the cost of windows.

Windows users: What other specific plugins does the Mac version not currently run that you couldn't live without?

Posted Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 10:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just FYI I'm working on an alternative for Sonique on the Mac.

Posted Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 11:03 pm
SBDJ- Yes I did hear that, I can't wait!

I am still wondering if there are some other cool plugins that I am missing out on.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 12:45 pm
Just bought a mac and am completely disgusted with the lack of plug ins, Sonique, Random video transition and Strip Club are 3 that I use every night that are no longer available.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 7:21 pm
The whole Sonique platform has never been available on the Mac to my knowledge.

Random Video Transition - I will sort that one.

Strip Club 3 is user contributed without source code. It would either have to be rewritten or the author port it.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 8:05 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Ahh, i would love to see the Camera plugin on Mac side too.

The best would be to add a Webcam/Camera like a PIP on top of the actual video output.
Also the position, where to place the window would be awesome :-)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 6:17 am
I can look at that too... lets just hope Jason doesn't see this thread ;)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 6:50 am
Psssst :0)

We try to keep it secret! hehe!

Thx mate. :-)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 7:10 am
Good news: I've uploaded a Mac port of Random Video Transition. Same day turnaround, not bad eh?

I will post a link once it's available.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 11:54 am
Oh wow! Yeah Random Video Transition!

Thx :)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 2:16 pm
OK, I now have a functioning Mac plugin that can display webcam images on the video output. It's not mega sophisticated at present, but supports resize, reposition and transparency.

At present it only works on 10.6 upwards, I will let you guys know when it's available.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 8:31 pm
Well I think i've decided against bootcamping for various reasons, but mainly because if
Visualization, showlogo (already sweet), and camera will soon work on Mac I will be a happy camper!

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 9:23 pm
Why does this topic say 19 posts (probably 20 after this post) and I only count 12 (now 13 I guess)? Also, the last poster for this thread is not accurate on my computer?

Do I need an upgraded subscription of some kind to see all posts or am I completely missing something?

Posted Mon 13 Feb 12 @ 8:52 pm
jn015647 wrote :
Why does this topic say 19 posts (probably 20 after this post) and I only count 12 (now 13 I guess)? Also, the last poster for this thread is not accurate on my computer?

This is because some of the posts in the topic are raised above your user level.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 6:23 am
Interesting. I posted the question and have been monitoring the thread. To think that people have answered the question and I can't see their answers...sucks.

I realize I'm not going to change the system, so how do I increase my user level? Will buying a premium membership allow me to see more posts and answers?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 10:16 am

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 11:27 am
Thanks for the reply. I bought a membership today and it looks like I will have to start participating in more discussions.

Concerning the link you provided: I already know and understand why plugins don't exist for Mac. I was simply trying to figure out what I was missing out on and weigh if bootcamping should be my choice. It really was not meant to be another whine session, but answer a dilemma I was having.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 1:27 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :
I can look at that too... lets just hope Jason doesn't see this thread ;)

Too late

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 5:21 pm
I agree! More Mac tools please!! Switched to Mac about 6 months ago and Love it so far! But like all Mac users, I had to loose a lot of very cool features in the process. I have my fingers crossed that they will be out soon!

Posted Sat 10 Mar 12 @ 11:42 am
I'm working on the Mac video side of things.... :-)

Posted Sat 10 Mar 12 @ 8:04 pm
87%