Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best settings in ASIO4ALL for Numark Mixtrack Pro and little more...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, recently i bought Numark Mixtrack Pro. I have some questions to ask people who use Mixtrack Pro from long time:

1. I use it with ASIO4ALL drivers and i would like to know what are the best settings (ASIO buffer size, latency compensation and options) in ASIO4ALL for this device?

2. Should i have marked "Ultra-latency ASIO" option?

3. When i red about Mixtrack Pro i found some information that this device has 24 bit audio built in. In sound settings in control panel i cant change from 16 bit 44100 to 24 bit sound. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for everyone who would like to spend some time anwering my questions. Greetings.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 4:35 pm
You don't need to use ASIO4ALL drivers.

The MTP doesn't require drivers, as it is "class compliant" ie. works plug & play with Windows.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 4:16 pm
Thanks for your reply. I know about "regular" drivers but with ASIO4ALL you can get smaller latency, am i right?

Is there anyone who can answer question number 3?

Greentings.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 12 @ 6:31 pm
There's a saying: You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

The Mixtrack Pro is a low end controller for beginners. As such, the sound card in it is not ASIO compliant. You can't turn it into a proper ASIO card by using some emulation drivers.

The purpose of the ASIO4ALL drivers is to fool professional software (that only works with ASIO) into thinking there's an ASIO card installed when there isn't.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 9:26 am
I see your point. But there is one thing which is not clear for me because with mixtrack pro you get original, numark marked CD with ASIO4ALL exe file in version 4.10 so even producer of this device recommend to use it with ASIO4ALL drivers. What do you think about that?

Posted Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 5:23 pm
If that's the case then I wouldn't say they're "recommending it" because it's on the CD - more likely it's there to give the impression to buyers of the product that they're getting professional ASIO performance from the sound card.

There are lots of noobs out there that don't have proper ASIO cards, they see those 4 letters in the name of the ASIO4ALL drivers and think that it magically transforms their cheap & cheerful consumer sound card into a whizz bang pro card for nothing.

You see it (I've seen it) time and again on here, on YouTube etc. where people just don't seem to understand. The drivers are called ASIO4ALL but they're NOT ASIO drivers.

ASIO drivers are not generic. They are always exclusive to each card they're supplied with, and written by the manufacturer, not some bloke on the web who's giving them away free.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 5:36 am
MME, WDM and WASAPI are Windows drivers. If you select any of these types your audio is passed to the OS which then hands it on to the interface. This is equivalent to Core Audio on the mac, except that Core Audio allows lower latency than MME or WDM (not sure about WASAPI: I gather this is much better but I've not tried to use it for audio production)

ASIO works differently as it allows the DAWs(or in this case you mtp) to communicate DIRECTLY with the interface, without the OS as intermediary. This can give excellent low latency performance (if the ASIO drivers are written well) but it also explains why they tend not to be multi-client: the idea is that the DAW completely takes over the interface, which means only one app at a time.

ASIO is still the standard on Windows for audio production, so I would suggest trying to solve your ASIO driver issues before resorting to a different type. Have you checked you have the latest version of the driver installed?

ASIO is indeed generic and was designed by Steinberg to allow different audio interfaces to connect with their software

from wiki (didn't look up the rules about posting links)

"Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) is a computer sound card driver protocol for digital audio specified by Steinberg, providing a low-latency and high fidelity interface between a software application and a computer's sound card. Whereas Microsoft’s DirectSound is commonly used as an intermediary signal path for non-professional users, ASIO allows musicians and sound engineers to access external hardware directly."

"While most consumer sound cards DO NOT come with ASIO drivers, it is possible to utilize a WDM to ASIO driver to achieve lower latency. Below are examples of such drivers.

ASIO4ALL — an independent universal ASIO driver for Windows that brings ASIO support to users of virtually all consumer-grade soundcards and integrated audio chipsets. It also supports semi-pro and pro digital audio systems.

ASIO2KS — yet another independent universal ASIO driver for Windows. Project appears to have been abandoned."

Posted Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 11:02 am
I have a Numark N4 board and sometimes it will not work and I conf. it and I hit the ASIO and sometime it will not allow me to mapp it. But I have Mk4 board and that board shows up in my sound card. Why the N4 board don't show up in the sound card box?

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 5:49 pm
I have a Numark N4 board can I use it virtua DJ pro? If so can you email me the instructions.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 6:14 pm
Yes you can use it with VDJ Pro. You can see from the Numark web page for the N4 that it works with VDJ, Serato Intro and Traktor.

The instructions are also on the Numark web site.

The N4 does not have an ASIO interface though, so you won't be able to use an ASIO driver. It's just standard "class compliant" audio.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 6:26 pm
All this talk about ASIO4ALL is not necessary, or it's over kill. I upgraded to Windows 10, and I just spent 4 hours trying to make everything else work. No audio from the controller, very frustrating. I just installed aforementioned driver, restarted, and viola! All's well in VDJ land.

I have a Dell e5420 laptop 8 GB ram, 500gb storage, stock everything else.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 2:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)