Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules 4-Mx with Virtual DJ with Ustream problem.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ LHGPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello guys and girls, I am in desperate need of your help!

I have a Hercules 4-mx midi controller with virtual DJ 7. I would like to connect my controller and virtual DJ it with ustream so you can hear the music straight from the controller and VDJ and see my webcam as well.

I have tried everything to solve the problem. selecting Hercules DJ in ustream as the mic, configuring my windows sound settings, my virtual DJ sound settin,g and nothing seems to work. the furthest i got was that i can hear my professional microphone (in ustream) which is connected to my controllers mic input but i can not hear the music from the controller. i did this by playing with both the windows and virtual dj sound settings.

Here is my controller setup:
My midi controller is connected via USB into my laptop, and the midi controller is also connected to two external studio speakers via RCA cable. The RCA master output is on Channel 1 & 2, the headphone is on line 3 & 4, and of course, my microphone is connected to the controllers front input next to the headphones. I am using windows 7.

From what i have been reading, some people are saying that i have to configure my windows sounds so that the audio out of the controller goes into the line in my system (onboard soundcard). I think i did this as in windows volume control setting i have
set my default playback device to "(speakers) Hercules DJ Console 4-mx" and i have set my recording device to "(line) Hercules DJ console 4-mx"

I have been going crazy because i have tried so many things and do not know how else i should proceed.

I am asking, please, can some one help me solve this problem?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 12:32 pm
Simple... Output from 4mx... to the standard mic/line-in on your computer.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 9:29 pm
In virtual DJ or windows sound setting? and you walk to through it real quick, help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the reply.

Also, my sound set up in virtual DJ goes like this: inputs - Microphone, Outputs: headphones (master: chan 1&2, headphones: chan 3&4), Soundcard-DJConsole 4-Mx

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 11:59 pm
Well i got a solution but i am not sure if its the right one as it is not the way i have planned it to be.

Basically i updated my audio driver, and in system sounds under volume options in windows i enabled "stereo mix" in recording or recording device, and made it as a default device. also in virtual DJ i advance configured the master output for both my studio speakers and laptop speakers because the stereo mix records the sound that is picked up that is destined for the output in the laptop speakers. now when i am in ustream i have to have the laptop speakers playing to be able to output the sound that i want. if i mute the laptop speakers the sound will not be put out to you stream. by doing this, the mix that is connected to to my controller's hardware does not seem to work :S.

Is there anyway i can just have the output to my external studio speakers and configure it to maybe just pick up the sound from there or straight from my controller? also how can i fix the microphone?

I really need this.

Thank you in advance, and thank you for the comments that have been made already.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 2:59 am
Well i got a solution but i am not sure if its the right one as it is not the way i have planned it to be.

Basically i updated my audio driver, and in system sounds under volume options in windows i enabled "stereo mix" in recording or recording device, and made it as a default device. also in virtual DJ i advance configured the master output for both my studio speakers and laptop speakers because the stereo mix records the sound that is picked up that is destined for the output in the laptop speakers. now when i am in ustream i have to have the laptop speakers playing to be able to output the sound that i want. if i mute the laptop speakers the sound will not be put out to you stream. by doing this, the mix that is connected to to my controller's hardware does not seem to work :S.

Is there anyway i can just have the output to my external studio speakers and configure it to maybe just pick up the sound from there or straight from my controller? also how can i fix the microphone?

I really need this.

Thank you in advance, and thank you for the comments that have been made already.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 2:59 am
Hello, i need crazy help,not from long time o bought Hercules dj control mp3 e2, i have laptop and virtual dj pro full,i have 2 speakers and a amplifer, the rca cable going to amplifer and the jack come in laptop but i have one spliter, i put it in laptop and split 2 outputs one for amplifer and one to put the head phones, when i use it with vdj, i choose on config. HEADPHONES, but doesn't work the both speakers i know that it's not possible but what can i do do:|, please help!

Posted Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)