Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Looking for a developer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

noamhaHome userMember since 2012
Hi,

We're looking for someone who can develop a simple plug-in that will have an interface that can:
- Retrieve the song list in the VirtualDJ
- Play / Add to queue a song
- Stop

Any want interested please leave a message.

Thank you.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 3:39 am
who's "we"

the only idea I have is using script to

get browsed_song : get a property from the currently browsed file: "get browsed_song 'title'", "get browsed_song 'playcount'", etc...

so something like

set this on your scroll button
browser_scroll +1 & set 'update' while_pressed

textzone 1
var 'update' 1 ? browser_scroll -2 & get browsed_song 'title' & browser_scroll +2

textzone 2
var 'update' 2 ? browser_scroll -1 & get browsed_song 'title' & browser_scroll -1

textzone 3 (middle of the browser)
var 'update' 3 ? get browsed_song 'title'

textzone 4
var 'update' 4 ? browser_scroll +1 & get browsed_song 'title' & browser_scroll -1

textzone 5
var 'update' 5 ? browser_scroll +2 & get browsed_song 'title' browser_scroll -2

etc...

the hope is that the actions are completed in the order the skin is set in like script is, os when you are pressing your browser scroll button you update the text zones with the appropriote information... Athough thinking about it after writing it it probably wont work as you need to press a button to initiate something like browser scroll LOL

maybe if you have

set 'update' 0 & browser_scroll +1 & repeat 1ms & var 'update' 6 ? nothing : cycle 'update' 7" & var 'update' ? 1 browser_scroll -2 : var 'update' 2 ? browser_scroll +1 : var 'update' 3 ? browser_scroll +1 : var 'update' 4 ? browser_scroll +1 : var 'update' 5 ? browser_scroll +1 & browser_scroll -2

textzone 1
var 'update' 1 ? get browsed_song 'title

textzone 2
var 'update' 2 ? get browsed_song 'title

textzone 3 (middle of the browser)
var 'update' 3 ? get browsed_song 'title

textzone 4
var 'update' 4 ? get browsed_song 'title'

textzone 5
var 'update' 5 ? get browsed_song 'title'

just make it big enough to cover around 20 tracks...

BTW I know nothing about plugins and C++ so it probably won't work LOL but tell us what it is for... do you work for SmithsonMartin or something?

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 4:52 am
Hi we are http://www.socialayer.com, we do Web development and one of our client wants to integrate a website with a virtualDJ.
We need a Visual C++ programmer which will pay for to do the VirtualDJ integration and control.

Thank you for your help!

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 7:13 am
My vote is for SBDJ or Duen Duen

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 7:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
My query revolves around exactly what you mean by 'retrieve the song list'.

If you could be more specific I can tell you whether or not what you want to accomplish is possible.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 7:31 am
First, I'm sorry but I'm not fully familiar with VirtualDJ so if I said something that doesn't make sense please correct me.

The final product will be a remote web panel control to the VirtualDJ.
So the interactions we need with VirtualDJ is to pull the songs DB, if that's not possible, as a second option we will just scan the client's hard drive for the songs list.

After we remotely display the song list on the computer we give the option to "Add Queue" or "Play" a song.
That's pretty much the idea.

The developer I'm looking for only needs to build me a DLL of some kind I can send commands to (I use C#), so I think it's a pretty fast job of a few hours which will pay for.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 9:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can't easily access Virtual Dj database from its API. I will drop you an email and see if we can help you out.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 3:04 pm
Thanks, do you have my email?

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 4:02 am
I can do nothing sorry

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)