Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Is My Screen size Out dated???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1280x800(widescreen) is the size of my screen. Why do all the new skins you guy make never fit or show right. I resize them and they suck even more...Please help

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 12:34 pm
There are many resolutions of screens now from the upper end 1920x1200, 1920x1080 and I think the lowest you can get on a current laptop is 1280x800

The skin resizer tool does a decent job as long as the skin ratio is the same (4:3, 16:9 etc) although if you size up the way the graphics will be less sharp.

You tend to find most skinners make for the size of laptop they have, and the EULA of the skin creator tool allows for them to create 2 other sizes. Others like djdad make skins in a range of sizes but 1280x800 is pretty much low end nowadays.

Keith

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 1:23 pm
Wow...truth hurts

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 3:33 pm
Sorry :)

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 4:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even if 1280x800 is not anymore a standard resolution, you wont have any issues if you resize a skin that has larger resolution than yours. All you need is to have the proper options to the Resize Tool (and the Full version too :) )

Which skin have you tried recently to resize ?

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 7:47 pm
vdj7 6deck
grom
mini scratch
ghost
also it kills the waves grafix

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 1:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you choose the 1440x900 provided resolution to all the above skins, and use the simple resize option from the Tool to resize to 1280x800 (same ratio), there wont be any issues. If for some reason, some of the graphics or other elements do not show properly after the resize, please post in the relative skin's thread and ask for some help.
I am sure there will not be major issues. Also make sure you use the latest Resize Tool version.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 11:15 am
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
funny enough most laptops i have seen run 1368x768.

Both of mine run that so the giant resolution screen become unusable.

As a rule of thumb, people with he resolutions can still fully use small resolution screens while people with low resolutions cannot use high res skins.

Id say build your skins accordingly.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 10:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)