Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How would you mix 80's club with rmx?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I'm finally getting the knack of beatmatching with the rmx instead of vinyl. My question is, I have 80's club/disco and most have no intro or outro beats. How could I mix using the rmx instead of the old fade in, fade out way?

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 7:51 am
F4NT4Home userMember since 2012
Hmm.... I'm completely new to this, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I would imagine have a bass beat going that would sync both songs together.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 9:18 am
hmmm its hard mixing 80s disco and stuff since most have live drums..... but anyways overlooking the live drum part. Imo i would say forget mixing the intros with outros thats BORING to me at least :). but do consider mixing at the bridges of songs or at the chorus of the songs so that when one chorus finishes you transition into the verse of the new song ect..... also at the start of each song i am sure there is an 8-16 bar you can loop and BAM!!!! instant intro. hope i helped ... oh and as a last resort try some cutting. cut some songs in or even drop/scratch a song in here and there... cause i def like bledning songs in but sometimes it gets predictable so its nice to have some variation.

-Dj Ardent

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)