Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is there a way to loop a deck?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm looking for a way to loop a track on a deck, without having to manually setting the loop length each time, and cannot seem to find any way to do it.

The reason is I want to use a deck is to put down a beat track and loop it and I didn't want to have to set the loop duration manually each time. I don't want to use the sample decks because those decks provide no way to beat match, nor can I overlay the sounds easily.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 2:50 pm

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 5:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I think he wants to loop the entire deck.

I've been experimenting with this and have managed to create a plugin that implements a VDJScript command that loops a whole deck. It's undergoing test now :)

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 7:52 am
how about something crazy like

hot_cue 1 ? set 'stop' 0 & goto_cue 1 & loop_in & var 'stop' 1 ? nothing : repeat 10ms & songpos_remain 1% ? loop_out & goto 0ms & set 'stop' 1 : goto +4 : set 'stop' 0 & goto 0ms & set_cue 1 & loop_in & var 'stop' 1 ? nothing : repeat 10ms & songpos_remain 1% ? loop_out & goto 0ms : goto +4

I don't know if it will work as there is a problem with "repeat" at the moment, but the idea is that you would need to hold down the button until it reaches the end of the song and sets the loop out point, after that it will hopefully return to the start with the loop in place. there is also a condition that if hot_cue 1 is already set it will use that as the loop in position.

If you are using short wave loops this should be done pretty much instantly, but may take a few seconds for a whole track, and ideally you want to have as litte of a trail of music or dead air after the loop.

If you want to save a loop there is a mapping in this thread
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/154891/Wishes_and_new_features/SAVE_LOOOPS_.html

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 8:34 am
The following may work to loop the entire song:

song_pos 0% & loop_in & song_pos 100% & loop_out

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 11:37 am
brilliant idea, tried it on my keyboard, unfortunately it doesn't work, it goes to the end and creates a tiny loop, It must move the loop in point when it goes to the end of the song, I'm guessing mine wont work either :(

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 11:55 am
SBDJ wrote :
I think he wants to loop the entire deck.

I've been experimenting with this and have managed to create a plugin that implements a VDJScript command that loops a whole deck. It's undergoing test now :)

I was thinking that it might actually be a great plug-in.

I'll also experiment with the vdjscript a bit more ... perhaps trick it some how. It's a shame we cannot do calculations in the scripting language, because one could use that with the track length to determine the loop duration.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 9:39 pm
I've been asking Atomix for some time now to give us sampler functionality on the decks (basically be able to switch a deck into sampler mode). With 99 available, it would make sense to scrap the existing 'sampler' section and just add sampler features to the decks.

That way we get pitch, key, wave display, looping, sync and so on.

Others have commented positively about this too, so maybe they will incorporate this into VDJ 8....

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 11:59 am
there was a couple of posts behind the scenes that we cant see, so hopefully atomix are looking into it ;)

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 12:03 pm
Any news in this topic? Is there any way to loop entire deck?

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 8:54 am
I have been asking this myself... I keep looking in the manual and nowhere have they added a simple "repeat deck" button. maybe adding a custom button to do this using some VDJ scripting?

even windows media player has "repeat" on it. it seems a little backwards to me. ;)

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 6:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It is now possible with version 8.
action : repeat_song
you can assign this action to a custom button

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 8:17 pm
Hi
I know this is f_ing old but in VDJ 7 works like this:

goto 0,1% & set_cue 1 & goto 99,9% & set_cue 2 & goto_cue 1 & loop_in & goto_cue 2 & loop_out & play

You can set the % you want.
You can set "stop" as first command to avoid "ultratinyloop" if its playing and you hit the button:

stop & goto 0,1% & set_cue 1 & goto 99,9% & set_cue 2 & goto_cue 1 & loop_in & goto_cue 2 & loop_out & play

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 7:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)