Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Changing effects on filter button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to change the filter knob behaviour on my VCI-400. Its mapped to the standard resonance filter in VDJ but I wanna use the more exiting effects of Turnado.

I changed the mapping to:

param_greater 50% ? effect "Turnado" active on & effect "Turnado" slider 1 : param_smaller 50% ? effect "Turnado" active on & effect "Turnado" slider 2 : effect "Turnado" active off

Some challenges though:

- The knob does 0-255, how do I get the slider to make 0-255 steps for 0-127 and 128-255?
- The last statement (effect "Turnado" active off) if not greater than 50% and not smaller than 50% doesn't seem to be triggered

Any ideas? Thx!

Posted Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 2:18 pm
it should be something like this if you want a single knob to control two faders of turnado, in a consecutive manner, and turn on when the knob position is higher than 0%

param_greater 0% ? effect on : param_greater 50% ? param_mutiply 200% & slider 1 : param_add -50 & param_mutiply 200% & slider 2 : effect off

Posted Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 3:22 pm
Thx Synth!

Eventually, since its neutral around 50%, it turned into this

param_greater 50,4% ? set '$tfil' 1 & effect "Turnado" active on & param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & effect "Turnado" slider 1 : param_smaller 49,5% ? set '$tfil' 1 & effect "Turnado" active on & param_multiply -200% & param_add 100% & effect "Turnado" slider 2 : set '$tfil' 0 & effect "Turnado" active off & effect "Turnado" slider 1 0% & effect "Turnado" slider 2 0%

The var is used for the led

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 5:11 am
glad it worked JB cause I should have said "param_smaller 50%" instead of "param_greater 50%" whoops.... anyway

did you ever manage to set the parameters of turnado without using the mouse? everytime I turn the effect off it resets to the default settings..

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 5:18 am
Currently I just use the effects with their default parameters, I load them in the slots, left and right instance, and it works for all four decks as long as VDJ is booted.

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 5:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)