Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Pionner FX Flanger and color FX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a huge fan of pioneers FX like:

Flanger, Bit Crusher, Transformer Etc... No other mixer makes it sound quite like Pioneer's FX.

The problem is that I now use a pioneer controller which doesn't have built in fx.

Are there plugins for Virtual Dj that will give me the exact same sound for the above... Specifically FLANGER?

I found flanjet, which comes close, but not really. The richness isn't quite there.

Also, I like how pioneer only has 1 Knob to control Color FX. I found "Single Knob Filter by FZero" Which sounds a lot nicer than the
native filter in VDJ. But I was hoping there were more like this.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 10:51 am
For me Pioneer is the best in FX, although Allen and Heath becomes very good : DB4 is amazing but too many parameters for live in my opinion.

Strenght of pioneer : few parameters but results are very efficient.
This is precisely the model I try to make in my FX (see my blog for more details)

Concerning Flanger, to obtain the same FX as Pioneer one, we just have to know the levels of the different parameters used by Pioneer: delay in ms, phase degree and feedback level. Because on DJM, you don't adjust these parameters, because there are "pre-parametered" (preset) .

I made few months ago a Flanger for my personal using : very deep sound. Not sure it corresponds to the Pioneer one. I will upload it.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 3:15 pm
That's very helpful.

Most flangers lack the beat sync capability or do not go up to 64 beats like pioneer...
I use this effect more as a transitional element, but sometimes need a longer flange

Honestly, I wish the parameters were something we didn't have to think about...
Maybe I should make a skin for this...

Posted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 2:57 pm
Not able to find your upload... I would really love to see how it performs

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:41 pm
not yet uploaded
I have plenty of FX, I haven't find the code source yet (request to add description, picture label...).
I have not enough organisation :-)
to be following....

Posted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 4:53 pm
I don't understand

Quote :
(request to add description, picture label...)

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 2:18 pm
Deun-Deun, it's been awhile, but haven't heard any news. I was hoping there was some development with this flanger.

If not, can SBDJ chime in? Pretty please ;-)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)