Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Beatmasher Group uploaded...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

... for 1minute :-)

Description: Shoot the beats and color sound of 1bar loop (4beats)
The parameters and results are not the same as Beatmasher single. So it is not an evolution of BM single at all

8 buttons for Lenght of loop> 4/1 - 2/1 - 3/2 - 1/1 - 3/4 - 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/8

Slider 1 : Mix Roll / Slip Pan > combined controller for 2 exclusive modes
- From full left to center controls mix between the original direct sound and the sampled audio
- From center to full right position switch directly to Slip Roll mode and creates progressively a pan stereo FX

Slider 2 : Trans/Gate > combined controller for different ways of mixing and gating the sampled material :
- From full left to centre mixes in progressively bigger chunks of sample audio with the Trans FXo
- From center to full right position cuts out progressively bigger chunk of sample audio with Gate FX (peak level only)

Slider 3 : High Pass Filter (HPF) Frequency : defines the frequency cut of HPF. Under the frequency, the sound is mute.

Slider 4 : HPF LFO : defines the Low Frequency Oscillation of HPF
- Left extremity : 16/1
- until one third : 8/1
- until two third : 4/1
- until tree third : 2/1
- right extremity : 1/1

It works even if you stop the track

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 4:05 pm
Waiting for test this...

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 8:04 pm
available

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 2:42 pm
This is an amazing effect, with so many possabilities, the slip panning is out of this world... slip will sound incredible on a buidup knob that changes the buttons to grab and roll different parts throughout a build, filter is a great addition.. WOW great work :D:D

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 2:57 pm
thanx and happy to see you enjoy it!
Try the gate with a 16/1 HPF LFO and 4/1 roll

VDJ Team, DJCEL mainly helped me to implement filter in beat FX with the current SDK. Without him, I am still pulling my hair out!

For info, in the pipe, I have 2 new FX very cool as well :
- loopslicer : to juggle with beats of 2bars loops
- beatslicer : difficult to explain. Imagine that the track is a ball of a pinball machine.
Probably upload this week.

In my mind, another idea : imagine to put a track in coin machine... and let the chance to play for you. Could be funny, isn't it !

Afterwards in 2012, I"ll stop my delirium and go back to the pioneer FX. More classical but cool

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 3:37 pm

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 3:53 pm
how about before you stop being crazy updating the trans effect, so you can set the cut strength between full square and fuill sine, essentially making it an lfo, auto pan would be good, also a full kill button would be amazing as when chained together behind a reverb or delay, you can fade out with just the full wet signal from before you cut the input.

And for the crazy part if you are able to use random events, a random cut would be really cool... it should be something like

Also is there anyway to stop the lfo filter with beatmasher group? I like it, just not all the time..

Posted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 6:44 pm
OK for the cut FX.
May be with a triangular curve between squared and sinusoidal one.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 10:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)