Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: General plugin Question.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,

I'm a programmer myself, and I was wondering is it possible to create a General plugin that would add a custom folder to the browser and add my custom callback functions and things like that?

Its simply because I want like to add a custom addon to VDJ.

I have looked at the wiki, but I couldn't find much info about this. If anyone can guide me to any direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pat

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 9:34 pm
Hi,

I just thought about something.

Another way to accomplish what I'm looking for would be if it is possible to create custom panels.

So if anyone can tell me if we can create custom panels and make them act the way we want?

Is there any API or hooks we can use for vdj?

Thanks

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 11:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not directly, and not very well.

You could create a filesytem folder, then repeatedly check if its selected in the VDJ browser. You could then dynamically populate that folder with actual filesystem items and again test for their selection in the VDJ browser.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 6:38 am
im tring to get this echo out to work does anybody have a clue

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 8:59 am

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 9:14 am
Hi,

I know its been a while since i created this thread but I haven't had the time to look into it more since I was missing some free time. But now, I have a few more time on my hand and I'm really looking forward into making what i did mentioned in the first post.

SBDJ, by filesytem folder, are you referring to real folder on the disk or referring to a virtual folder in vdj?

Here's a more in details of what i would like to accomplish.

We have a website that would provide some track listing as XML format or something similar. We don't want to link the tracks to VDJ, but just have them as text and for reference for the user.

The way i would see it is, if the user has access to internet he can update his list at anytime. Although if the user doesnt have access to internet he can query the server before going to a gig and save the list on his pc. Which would kinda be some sort of Cache of the list.

Now comes the VDJ part, find a way to add a button easily in VDJ that would probably open a custom panel where in that panel we would have our custom track listing + maybe a custom search.

Anyone knows if this is possible through VDJ?

Thanks

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 9:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is no easy way to do what you want. Rather than a custom panel, you could open a custom window however and this could obviously then have any content you want.

The idea I mentioned was that you could create a filesystem folder and populate that with real files (no need to have any actual content, although you could use a dummy MP3 with tag info) - this would give you your browser content. This means you could also poll the decks, and when that dummy file is loaded you could execute some information - maybe from the comments field in the tag you could get VDJ to load the actual real file.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 3:35 pm
Hi,

I really like your ideas about what I'm about to do.

Is there any demo plugin with source code so we can see how VDJ works with them?

Thanks

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 8:25 am
Greatly appreciated. Thanks. That will give me a head start :)

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)