Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Updated versions of Pangolin's Video Effect Plug-ins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone,

My name is William Benner and I am President of Pangolin. Over the last few years, we have produced a few video effect plugins that have been downloaded thousands of times, and in looking at the forum posts here on Virtual DJ, I am happy to see so many enthusiastic comments about the plug-ins! At Pangolin, we believe that these plug-ins really enhance the ease-of-use and capability of Virtual DJ. Moreover, we believe that they make a real difference to your DJing performance.

I wanted to let you know that we have just released an update to the Essential Visuals and Essential Media plug-ins and to our IMU text messaging software as well. The demo versions are available for download right here at the Virtual DJ site.

Some of you may know that our video playback plugin has been called Essential Flash, and it provides the only native way to play flash files within Virtual DJ. Well, this Essential Flash plug-in has been greatly expanded -- so much so that we now call it Essential Media. Now it will play virtually any video format, and with the highest quality available anywhere. (We do not use the computer codecs to play the video and so we get away from a lot of problems normally associated with video files.) Essential Media also supports a live video input, with the most stable display and best capabilities. If you need an easy way to trigger live camera feeds or video files, with the best level of control and smoothest playback, check out Essential Media now! If you already have our Essential Flash plug-in, Essential Media is a free update and you can simply download the version right here in the video effect plugins section of the Virtual DJ web site.

As for our other plug-in, Essential Visuals, this has continued to evolve as well. Perhaps the biggest differences are that: a) it's now totally free, with no banners or advertising overlays of any kind, and b) we've added more control over how messages are displayed. (We've added the ability to delete messages from the display. We've always had the ability to delete messages before they got to the display, and in our stand-alone VMU software, we've always had the ability to delete individual messages after they've been displayed, but we've recently brought this capability into the Virtual DJ environment as well.)

So if you want to add bitmaps, borders, or text to your visuals, Essential Visuals will do this better than anything else, and at no cost. If you want to add text-to-screen and text-based voting, this is available at what i believe is the lowest cost in the business.

Check out the latest versions of these plug-ins now, in the Video Effects section of Virtual DJ downloads.

Let us know if we can help in any way!

Best regards,

William Benner

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 2:29 am
I have to say these are some of the best plugins and most CPU friendly plugins when it comes to texting software that I've used!! These have changed my video shows greatly and my clients couldn't be happier with the out come. The personal service you and your team provide is top shelf!!

Thanks for all your hard work and SUPER customer service
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 1:46 am
Since Essential Visuals is now free with or without IMU, here are some things you can do with it not related to SMS.

Essential Visuals uses panels to display content to the screen and you can have any number of panels and change their size and placement.

All panels can have borders, background images, and background colors. Background images can be tiled, stretched, or centered. Supports animated gif, jpg, bmp. and png.

Here's 3 panel types not related to SMS:

o - Marquee panel - marquee panels are used to scroll text and images across the screen. You can mix both text and images together in a marquee panel - supports smileys in text strings and supports scrolling animated gif, jpg, bmp, and png for images - you can scroll a marquee panel left or right or bounce the contents. Bounce scrolls the contents left then right which is kind of cool for bouncing images back and forth.

o - Text panel - text panels are used mostly for labels - supports smileys as well as smart text wrapping and text fitting

o - Basic panel - while all panels can contain basic elements, this panel type does not have any additional features like marquee panels and text panels do.

You can download Essential Visuals with a Demo version of IMU at the VDJ effects download page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html?category=video&order=default&platform=all&search=

Once you create and save your layout, you can move it anywhere. Layout files contain all the elements of your layout with no fixed links. You can share them or whatever.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 3:10 pm
You forgot to mention that all those things are done inside VDJ!! No other apps needed taking up resources.

Great work fellas
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 3:22 pm
super Duper!

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 1:20 am
i currently use barflys 'txt2screen' which im happy with that i can run around the essential plugin, but obv would like to run ur txt to screen software instead saves crossing programs, the pc already has pangolin fb3 and quickshow so would like to use one company so that programs dont clash

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 10:34 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do I need to update to the free version if i already bought IMU ?. If so why ?, also does the free version integrate with my gsm modem ?.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 9:53 am
Hi guys,

One thing to note. The Essential Visuals installer that is available here on the Virtual DJ web site is only the demo version -- not the retail version. The retail version has more built-in backgrounds and other things. We do this for space reasons (the retail version installer is around 50MB!) and also for piracy reasons (if anyone in the world could download the real version, they could crack it without our knowledge).

If you are an existing customer, please contact Pangolin directly to receive a link to the retail version.

Regarding the question of whether or not the free version integrates with a phone, no it does not. All "phone integration" is done by IMU, which itself has 100,000 lines of code. The plugin does the visualization portion of messages and voting. We believe that the way IMU and the Essential Visuals plugin work together is pretty clean.

Best regards,

William Benner'

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)