Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Question About VST's............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I have a few vsts installed and thier great. I have noticed that when using them with just my laptop or MIDI controller they work flawlessly but when I'm using timecodes they don't really work....... Sometimes they'll work but just on one deck or sometimes they'll turn on but my music stops (waves are moving platters turning but no sound). I know one other person has run into this problem aswell. So is this a problem with my system or the vst?? I know this is kinda hard to answer cause you need the vst which I can send if needed but this sucks cause there badass, lol!!

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated
Huey

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 7:01 pm
hmmm kind of makes sense huey. with T.C. the system have to use more or all of the resources? but so does some VST's so they're competing for it...

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 11:50 pm
Not so sure about that. I think it has something to do with the sampling that each vst does. There's a few VDJ plugins that act the same way. Still running a few test though.......

Thanks for looking and glad to see you back
Huey

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 8:04 am
you're probably right buddy...research?

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 7:11 pm
The problem rises from the way the VST plug-ins capture the sound and process it.There are plug-ins that "record" the incoming buffer, process it and output a result and there are others that process the buffer directly.
The plug-ins that do "record" the incoming buffer (internal sampling) are the ones that most likely WON'T fail to operate normally in VDJ. The others might have some issues.

In order to see which plug-ins are compatible (and safe to use) with VDJ do this:
1. Put the deck in normal operation (No Timecode, just a song playing normally on a deck)
2. Enable the effect
3. Try to move the JOG backwards
IF the sound stops or get choppy then this is a "bad" plug-in
IF the plug-in keeps working while you move your JOG backwards then this is a "good" plug-in

Posted Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 12:55 am
Phantom your a good dude I don't care what anybody says!! The part about playing in reverse and the sound goin to hell is spot on!! Dam that sucks cause I really love what these 2 can do..........

Any suggestions as to what I could do to make them work? I suppose I should email the creators...
Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 9:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)