Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mix Now function? Does it exist?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

solcoHome userMember since 2011
I manage the music for live shows and have used (or at least tried) almost every DJ software except for Virtual DJ. For many years (and many reasons) I have used Alcatch's BPM Studio Pro. Because they have not updated their products as they should, because they used dongles, because they are expensive (even for updates) and because their "proprietary" controller has finally bit the dust (and the new ones are priced way too high)... I have been forced to continue my search.

That being said, I called Virtual DJ about their software. Once I got to speak to someone about features I was told to download the home version. I asked some specific questions about needed features and was assured that Virtual DJ will cover all my bases. Although I am sure I will need the pro version for public performance.

One feature that I must have is a single button crossfade with second deck auto start. Basically, when one track is playing I want to press one button and have the second deck start and automatically crossfade with the first track pausing on the third track.

I was told that this feature exists in VDJ and that it was called "Mix Now". I have looked for it and searched the forums for it with no luck.

Could someone tell me if it is possible and if so how? I really appreciate it and will be happy to purchase the product if it meets my needs.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 9:47 pm
it wont come standard on any controllers you buy, but when you get pro you can map it to a button on it or even one on your keyboard using the script "mix_now" I havn't noticed it on any of the skins I use, but it is on a couple.

what it does is mix the next track following the beatgrid of the playing track and does crossfade to the opposite deck assigned to the crossfader, although very its very noticeable and quick, so no one will think you sound good doing it, but if you want to load your own track to the deck you could get a little more technical in how it operates to give a better mix

auto_crossfade 24000ms & deck 2 select ? deck 2 hot_cue 1 ? deck 2 goto_cue 1 & deck 2 play & deck 2 sync : deck 2 goto_first_beat & deck 2 play & deck 2 sync : deck 1 select ? deck 1 hot_cue 1 ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 play & deck 1 sync : deck 1_goto first_beat & deck 1 play & deck 1 sync

you can change 24000ms for any other time that suits you in miliseconds, that is 24 seconds

or maybe if you want to use the playlist to determin the next track you could use this to load the decks

deck 1 select ? deck 2 playlist_load_and_remove : deck 2 select ? deck 1 playlist_load_and_remove

if you activate the pro trial you can do it straight away and test it for a month.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 1:40 am
solcoHome userMember since 2011
How do I activate the pro trial? I was told to DL the home version and that is all I found.

Thanks for all the great info.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 11:45 pm
There are a few ways to make that feature work with VDJ. Heck, you can even crossfade the next song, crossfade the bass or any other EQ paraemter, all with one press of a button.

I'm sure folks here will gladly help you set it up. You'll need the PRO version. Worth the purchase.

Posted Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 8:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)