Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I use two or more controllers to control Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

De RajjPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would like to know if I can use more than 1 controller to control Virtual DJ 7.0.5 Pro at once?

I would like to map & use my other controllers and control other functions in Virtual DJ and also plug ins mainly effects.
If yes, how many external controllers can I use at once?
What would I need additionally to do this? Would I need an external midi box or an external powered USB hub?

I own a Numark NS6, Traktor S4, Behringer BCD 2000, M- Audio Xponent, M-Audio Connectiv & Numark CDX ( CDX has got midi in and out ).

Using Numark NS6, can I map effects with NI Kontrol X1? Or with any other controllers I own?

How do I map effects to a controller?
How many effects can I use at once?

Thank You in Advance.

DeRajj

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 11:49 am
yep you can use it all at the same time, except the s4 doesn't have a mapper available because native instruments wont play nice with atomix, and the cdx doesn't have a mapper (didn't even know it was midi), you can create your own though, its pretty easy with chackl's definition tool and a little patience...

to map the effects you need to decide what you want to use to control them as dual deck controllers have there deck allocation in the definition file, controllers like the x1 dont, so when scripting you need to specify a deck the action works on, for your example of an effect you can use

deck left effect "effect_name" active

for the deck designations you can use
deck 1 (the number of the deck 1 - 99)
deck left/right (left of right deck if you are using 4 or more decks but only have 2 platters)
deck default (one curently in the pfl)

for a dual deck controller you simply type in the action and it will apply to all decks on the controller

with regard to effects you can have as many as your computer will handle, but unfortunately because they are plugin community provided effects they dont always play nice with each other like in traktor so you need to do a bit of trial and error, but hopefully that will be addressed in vdj8

for the effect control you can use

effect "effect_name" slider 2 (but any number available)
effect "effect_name" button 1

and there are modifiers for the parameters of control that the knob or slider has & variables for conditional actions.

you can also control the led feedback using script, so with a little learning and practice you can have quite advanced mappings.

if you have any questions just ask there is always someone willing to help, but check out the wiki for ideas its a great source of information

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 1:02 pm
Thank You synthet1c.

So I can learn all that you wrote in the wiki right?

So VDJ 8, any idea when it will be out?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 1:51 pm

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 9:36 am
Thank You.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 9:48 am
djzeviePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it also possible to map a midi fighter to just the cue points within a track? I want to control with my vms4 but control cues through a midi fighter or something along the lines of that. https://store.djtechtools.com/midi-fighter.html

Posted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 9:32 pm
DJLEPAQPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi! Sorry in advance if my English is not very clear! I'll try my best to explain! Ok! My friend own a Mixtrack 2 and I own a IDJ3. We would like to work at the same time on virtual DJ Pro Full. We almost done it, except that we were not able to get separate headphone sound. Like Deck 1 & 2 in one headphone and you no! Can you help me with the process the best way you no how? Is it clear? Thank you!

Posted Sun 12 Jul 15 @ 7:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)