Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I Cue with an external soundcard using 4.1 soundcard and mixer sound sett

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

esq2manPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use vdj on my laptop. I used to use the 2 soundcard option with usb headphones. I recently broke the headphone jack on my internal soundcard and bought the sb extigy usb sound card. The extigy has front and rear outputs, so I connect the front output to channel 1 and rear to channel 2 on my mixer. When I try to cue up the next song using my mixer, I hear nothing but the currently playing song. Anybody know how I can cue using this configuration.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 2:49 am
In the control panel of your sound card, check if you are in mode 4 speakers mode.

Coyote

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 3:37 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Also when selecting the extigy in your audio devices menu make sure the box with use prefered devices only is ticked.

Stu

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 11:30 am
I'm waiting to repair my extigy in order to try this solution. Does anyone know if it's working?. I got a report from Creative telling me that Extigy is not able to do this.

Thanx a lot!!!!

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 2:19 pm
I know that it doesn't work wtih the trial version, but one of my friends has got the full version and we are anxious!!!!!!!.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 2:27 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Please ask your friend to register on this forum.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 3:10 pm
Ok. thanx a lot!!!!

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 4:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)