Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone Cuing Not Working?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently bought virtual dj 7 to use on my laptop with my mixtrack pro, and I can't seem to get the cue to go through to my headphones. Instead it just goes straight out the master output. It worked fine on my desktop with virtual dj LE.

Computer Specs: Windows 7 ( 64 bit)
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5 2410M CPU

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 10:26 pm

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 4:27 am
I am using a LENOVO ideapad 100 laptop with 1 head phone output socket.
I cannot ascertain if this laptop has a sound card - the spec for the audio system states " Built in audio system "
I've tried setting it up exactly as it states on Page 5 of the " VirtualDJ 7 - Audio Setup Guide " and it's not working !!!!
Would this suggest that my laptop doesn't have a sound card and that the config won't work unless I get one fitted ?
Gaz FM

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 10:00 am
If your laptop has a headphone socket, then it does have a sound card. Otherwise, how do you think the sound gets to the headphones? :-)

If you're following the "HEADPHONES WITH 1 OUTPUT" instructions then you'll need a 3.5mm splitter cable (as the manual states).

N.B. this is not the type of splitter found in most stores, that provides stereo to each output. It's a specially wired DJ splitter which sends left to one output and right to the other. It will not provide you with a stereo output.

By the way, please try to avoid posting at the end of old long dead topics.

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 10:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)