Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Skin / Plugin problem can you help?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DNAentPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am using the RMX Style V1.0 skin and have Fire text running. The problem I am having is the fire text plugin is way off to the right on the skin. I can only see half the controls. It worked fine when I first installed it then I hooked up to a 48" LCD and Windows changed my desktops and resolutions.

I got the desktops and resolutions back to normal but i still can only see half of the Firetext plugin controls. I have tried uninstalling the plugin, reinstalling VDJ.

The only solution i can find is if i want to use the plugin I have to change skins and find one that will pull the controls back into view.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 5:14 pm
Screen resolution of your display?

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 2:08 am
Yes screen resolution. Are you asking what resolution I am using?

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 1:59 pm
Yes...

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 2:05 pm
I am pretty sure its 1280x1024 I used the skin resizer.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 5:39 pm
settlin for a lower resolution skin would be the quickest way,otherwise you might have to get your hands dirty with some skinnin and cut paste away extra space in the browser area to make those pluin control pannels fit.I went thru this when i only had my Dell with 1280 x 800 resolution screen.strangely enough now i have a 1920 x 1200 screen and though I dont have the Browser problem anymore I find that certain skins dont fit right unless i resize in different proportions (say taller than wider) than the original skin is.to make matters worst,i now just hooked up the external monitor that is'nt wide screen to my new 17in laptop and found i have to bring down the resolution on the laptop (my main or "desktop") in order to "share" some of that resolution with the external monitor...kind of a give & take situation..

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 3:45 am
Thanks for the reply's I have been super busy do i have had no time to work with this the past few weeks. The weird thing is it worked fine untill I hooked up my 48" LCD TV and the computer changed the external display to my main display. it still worked fine. it seems like when i downsized the skin, Same skin just diff screen resolution it left the pluggin out to the right like it was still using a bigger monitor. everyting else snapped back all other plugins etc.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)