Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin concept - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

another good one for the samper would be a button that sets the individual sampler slots as play_pause or stutter

stutter shift
set 'samp_#_play_mode' 1

play_pause shift
set 'samp_#_play_mode' 0

sampler play button
set 'samp_#_play_mode' 1 ? sampler # play_stutter : sampler # play_pause...

if you do a deck sampler load_deck_set and save_deck_set buttons would be amazing!

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 5:07 pm
nice job "meow" and Phantom! Good input Charlie...Actually "meow...if you tried and learn some of that xml scripting I think we would a hot new skinner around...;-)

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 8:44 pm
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hehehe thx tracker but between 2 jobs, djing and married life i barely have time for the bathroom.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 9:39 am
I hear YA!....just told someone the same thing....he,he.....working on my skin for months,I've just uploaded it in BETA stages.....but its 99% funtional...which me Luck...

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 11:49 pm
First let me say again, what an excellent community generated skin we have here... real feedback from real DJ's identifying the features that are most desired, plus seeing this develop right in front of our eyes... If perfected, I believe this should become the default VDJ skin - as designed and developed by its users.

Phantom, you also mention about changing the XML etc. I have been meaning to learn this stuff for some time, and it only seems fitting if this skin (eventually) came with some detailed instructions/walk through of how to make these changes and programme the skin - I almost feel a "Skins for Dummies" book off the back of this ;-)

If not, this would be a great feature for the next issue of the magazine. Not only would it domenstrate the skinning abilities, but the interactiveness of the forums and the way you have all come together to make this happen...

PhantomDeejay wrote :
1440X900 is the initial resolution. Once finished I will code 1368 first and then 1920.

Make a 1600x900 version and this will easily become my next default skin ;-)

I think the Phab4Phantom skin is coming on great (he says trying to secure his input by giving the skin its name...)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 2:01 pm
Why oh why can't we have some sort of vector based graphics system to avoid all this resolution crap :)

(Just thinking out loud ......)

Keith

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 2:07 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
Phantom, you also mention about changing the XML etc. I have been meaning to learn this stuff for some time, and it only seems fitting if this skin (eventually) came with some detailed instructions/walk through of how to make these changes and programme the skin - I almost feel a "Skins for Dummies" book off the back of this ;-)

Well, you ARE going to get a guide on how to do some changes on this skin inside the skin file itself...

kradcliffe wrote :
Why oh why can't we have some sort of vector based graphics system to avoid all this resolution crap :)

Personally I HATE vector graphics. They can never produce the "realistic" like graphics I like to use.
PS: I use vectors every single day due to my day job!

BTW:
This week life got into the way and the overall progress is not much. However it helped me to have a better "view" of the concept. Back to coding now! I will keep you updated!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 12:56 am
any idea how realistic the whole highlight/scroll idea is? if its not very feasible i can try to think up alternative methods.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:47 am
MeowMix wrote :
any idea how realistic the whole highlight/scroll idea is? if its not very feasible i can try to think up alternative methods.

Actually it's very easy to be done... However you WILL have to adjust the controller's mapping to match the skin code in order to be able to see the "scrolling"
Once I finish some other parts of the skin I will come back to this.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:39 am
Video Mixer. Two layouts also!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 10:39 am
Two AUTO automix pannels:

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 10:49 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
MeowMix wrote :

Actually it's very easy to be done... However you WILL have to adjust the controller's mapping to match the skin code in order to be able to see the "scrolling"
Once I finish some other parts of the skin I will come back to this.

Yea i figured that. Im more than willing to work out the mapping.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 12:11 pm
Can you post a full size screenshot of the skin George.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:17 pm
Those video pannels are lush!

May convince me to go down the 4 deck route at long last

Keith

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:58 pm
Deadly Silence..

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 8:34 am
Just before the storm... :P

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 6:08 am
Yeah I though there was a storm brewing :)

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 12:07 pm
Please make sure that each deck has eject buttons, this is now a necessary requirement with netsearch as sometimes they just don't load and simply loading another track over the top dosen't always work (Freezes VDJ)

Also a new suggestion for the name

Skin Concept

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 11:54 am
The skin is 90% ready and it features more than 12000 lines of code... :P

There is an unload button on it already so you won't have a problem ;)

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 12:26 pm

That way it's not in no mans land.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 2:18 pm
47%