Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Can someone port RollIt! Author: Chackl to Mac Please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can someone port RollIt! Author: Chackl to Mac Please, CDJ Frame
Author: TexZK? We also need a gate effect for Mac.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 7:51 am
How did I miss rollit? amazing effect and we can roll 3/4 of a beat :D

since there is a post already I'm using this one...

there seems to be an issue with this on pc, I have been playing with it for a couple of hours, but after a while the plugin will no longer record more than 1/8 of the bar, It seems to happen when I use the effect on two decks, then I need to reboot vdj to reset it so it works... I have tested on 3 computers and all have the same result (win 7 32bit laptop, win xp desktop, win 7 starter netbook), any ideas chackl?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 9:38 am
I still think Insta beats it, lol!! Nice plug in though. My only wish is that it shows the slider instead of the control window popping up, not a fan of control Windows........maybe its just my machine??

Huey

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 10:24 am
try these and then make your decision huey :), and the other reason is instajungle only works on deck 1, this works on two... well sort of

for a knob (beatmasher)
param_equal 0% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 6.75% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 25% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 12.5% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 50% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 25% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 75% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 50% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 100% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 75% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_equal 100% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 100% & effect "rollit" slider 4 100%

for a button (beatmasher)
effect "rollit" active while_pressed & effect "rollit" slider 3 50% & effect 'rollit' slider 1 100%

for the touchwheel (pioneer looproll)
param_multiply 50% & effect 'rollit' slider 2 & param_multiply 50% & effect 'rollit' slider 3

touchwheel touch (pioneer looproll)
effect 'rollit' active on while_pressed & effect 'rollit' slider 2 25% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 50% & effect 'rollit' slider 1 100%

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 10:53 am
and another thing that pushes it over the line is that it records its sample after the other effects so you can roll a filtered/flanged/phased track :) winner for my favorite effect

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 8:19 pm
a bit more info... it is now crashing quite a bit, what I have found though is that it stops working around 130 bpm and it can work again if you play 90/180 bpm, but it will usually crash after 2 tracks. It will work on 2 decks simultaneously but again it wants to crash, this effect is great but has serious stability issues on win xp & win 7 32bit :(

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 10:24 pm
With script, effect "Rollit" active on ? param_equal 0% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 6.75% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 25% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 12.5% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 50% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 25% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 75% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 50% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_smaller 100% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 75% & effect "rollit" slider 4 0% : param_equal 100% ? effect "rollit" slider 2 100% & effect "rollit" slider 4 100% : param_multiply 1% & effect slider 1

Only the wet/dry knob moves.........what am I doing wrong??

Huey

Edit. I just noticed that now my effect slider 1 wont work on anything with that script attached to it........hmm

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 1:40 am
you probably just need to turn the effect on... your saying

is rollit on ? if yes : if no

the no part makes sense so does the yes... it should work when the effect is on (thats what the button is for), although "param_multiply 1%" means you would have to turn the knob 100 times to get to 100%, if you want to make the knob finer use "param_multiply 50%" it halves the movement and range

actually maybe you need a nothing in there to close off the knob script..

is rollit on ? if yes (the knob script) : nothing : if no

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 1:52 am
this part was the stock mapping, param_multiply 1% & effect slider 1
and yes the effect is active and it only effects the wet/dry with your script and with that script in there the slider will not work for any other effect meaning I turn on a different effect and when I turn it nothing happens and the rollit is off.......
But when I take out your script everything works like its supposed to.

Huey

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 2:50 am

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 3:06 am
Yeah its on my Mixtrack and its an encoder. Ill give it a go when I wake up in the morning, lol!

Huey

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 3:30 am
I found a temporary solution for rollit...

you can half the tracks bpm before activating and after deactivating the effect then halving your knob positions, only had one crash in an hour of playing with it.. This is for an on/off button that will work while pressed

down ? set_bpm 50% & effect "rollit" active on : effect "rollit" active off & set_bpm 200%

Posted Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)