Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Cue Button Active Color

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Everyone,
I have the default skin.
How can I modify the 3 cue buttons so that when I select a cue on my controller, the corresponding skin cue button number changes color?
Example: When I select cue 2 on my controller, the color of the cue 2 button should change to green.
The cue button's color should toggle between the default color blue = inactive cue, and green = active cue.
Thanks in advance
Claydj

Posted Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 10:07 am
Anybody?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 9:56 am

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 2:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its not that easy. You need some skin skills to do that.. i hope you have them...

You need to create 2 panels for each Hotcue..
Example for the hotcue 1 (deck 1)

<panel id="leftcue1on" group="leftcues1" visible=" deck 1 cue 1 ? true : false" >
<pos x="14" y="142"/>
<size width="18" height="20"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

<panel id="leftcue1off" group="leftcues1" visible="deck 1 cue 1 ? false : true" >
<pos x="14" y="142"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

and then have 2 hortcues button actions, one for each panel..

<button panel="leftcue1off" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1" rightclick="deck 1 delete_cue 1" >
<tooltip> Rightclick to delete cue</tooltip>
<pos x="14" y="142"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<selected x="+0" y="+900"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue1on" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1" rightclick="deck 1 delete_cue 1" >
<tooltip> Rightclick to delete cue</tooltip>
<pos x="14" y="142"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<selected x="+0" y="+1100"/>
</button>

The 1st bold selected should point the blue and the 2nd bold selected should point green in bmp file.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 8:25 pm
Thanks for your help DJ Dad!

The syntax that you listed worked great for a single hot cue button.
Currently when I press a cue button, the color changes from blue to green while playing, and changes back to blue again when stopped (great!)...

But now, when I press a different hot cue button, the previous hot cue button stays green like it is also the active cue.

An example of using the string that you listed: when I am playing hot cue 1 and then press hot cue 2, hot cue 2 will then play and the button changes to green, but the hot cue 1 button changes to green, and stay green.

Example of what I would like: I am playing hot cue 1, the button should turn green, then when I press hot cue 2, the hot cue 2 button should turn green and hot cue 1 should turn back to blue.

As mentioned above, your syntax works great for a single hot cue button, but how can I get the individual hot cue buttons to turn on one color when the cue is active, or off color when I switch cues?

The requested syntax will basically show a visual color indication of which hot cue is active.

Thanks again for your help.
ClayDJ

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:26 pm
Make sure you named the panels and the groups correct. To the above code you should change the number 1 to 2 or 3 according to your cue number.
Each hotcue buttons must have its own panel and group too.
Check the visible syntax. It should change also according to hotcue

PS. I edited my post above and made bold all the numbers you should change according the hotcue number.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 12:24 am
Hi DJ Dad,

The XML you listed is still not working.
As noted previously, it works great with a single cue button which will cycle between blue (inactive) and green (active), (great!).

But, I do not see anything in your XML that will cycle the inactive cue button to blue when another cue is active and green.

It looks like due to the 'true : false, false : true' statements in your XML, the cue button will only cycle colors back and fourth between itself and not look anywhere else to see if another cue is active (in which case the active cue should be green, and all other inactive cues should be blue).
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
ClayDJ

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 8:31 am
Please post here your xml code for the hotcues (including code for the relative panels too)

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 8:59 am
Ok, maybe I'm having trouble with my inserted graphic. Perhaps my cue panel graphic or x, y setup is not correct.

I inserted (copy and pasted) my own cue panel into the VDJ original BMP picture file in this location: x=770 y=2789.

The actual cue 1 button on my inserted cue panel is located at: x=793 y=2807, actual cue 2 button location on my inserted panel: x822 y=2807, actual cue 3 button location on my inserted panel: x=855 y=2807.

Here is my setup for the cues;

---------cues--------
<panel id="leftcue1on" group="leftcues1" visible="deck 1 cue 1 ? true : false">
<pos x="285" y="120"/>
<size width="28" height="20"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="leftcue1off" group="leftcues1" visible="deck 1 cue 1 ? false : true">
<pos x="285" y="120"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="leftcue2on" group="leftcues2" visible="deck 1 cue 2 ? true : false">
<pos x="315" y="120"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="leftcue2off" group="leftcues2" visible="deck 1 cue 2 ? false : true">
<pos x="315" y="120"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="leftcue3on" group="leftcues3" visible="deck 1 cue 3 ? true : false">
<pos x="348" y="120"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="leftcue3off" group="leftcues3" visible="deck 1 cue 3 ? false : true">
<pos x="348" y="120"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

HotCue Deck A
-------------------------------------------------------------------
<button panel="leftcue1on" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1">
<size width="28" height="19"/>
<pos x="285" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<selected x="793" y="2807"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue1off" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1">
<pos x="285" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue2on" action="deck 1 hot_cue 2">
<pos x="315" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<selected x="822" y="2807"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue2off" action="deck 1 hot_cue 2">
<pos x="315" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue3on" action="deck 1 hot_cue 3">
<pos x="348" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<selected x="855" y="2807"/>
</button>
<button panel="leftcue3off" action="deck 1 hot_cue 3">
<pos x="348" y="120"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
</button>

I had difficulty with VDJ reading the XML for my inserted cue panel.
When doing some experimenting, I colored the default 'gray scale' skin (x=+0 y=+0) cue buttons green and changed the x, y numbers on your XML accordingly, and the individual cue button colors would change properly but not turn to the proper color when a different cue was selected.

Maybe if you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Clay DJ

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 4:14 pm
Hi Everyone,
I am now a proud 'Pro' user! :)

Anyone can help me out with this nightmare request??
I know my XML must be screwed up so if you can point me in the right direction would be appreciated!
(Thanks DJ Dad for your previous help!)

Thanks,
ClayDJ

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 8:02 pm
Congrats and welcome!

Sorry I can't help you here, skinning is a learning curve for me and I've not got to this stage yet .....

Keith

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 4:42 am
I edited your code above. Copy - paste that code

About the BPM file...
At x="+0" y="+0" eg (285,120) it should be grey (buttons off, when no hot cue is assigned)
At x="+0" y="+900" (285,1020) it shoulld be red or blue (default coloring) for hotcues.
At y="2807" it should be your green buttons.(e.g. 793,2807 for the cue 1 green button)

Notice that all the panels (on & off) have the same down line. The only thing that changes is the selected line for buttons.

I also guess that you use the 1440X900 default skin.

PS. We help no license users (Home Free version) too :)

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 9:43 am
Dj Dad, I sent you a PM.

Clay

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 6:52 pm
I would like to thank DJ Dad for his offline help and dedication in helping me get my cue modification working properly.
You really know your stuff and have been extremely helpful!

Thanks again,
ClayDJ

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 8:55 pm
Okay...

Here's the deal:
You can use "get cue" on VDJ to display the last used cue but you can't use it on any command.
Well, now you can!!!

Download the WatchDog plugin from here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12817/WatchDog.html
Install it. Open VDJ. Go to Effects. Click on Others tab. Click on Watchdog. Click on the Enable button. Move the Polling interval slider to your desired resolution (lowest possible value is 10ms)

Now, in order to "use" WatchDog all you have to do is to use the following syntax on your queries:

deck X var_equal 'WD_LUC' X ? Action 1 : Action 2

In other words Watchdog will set a VARIABLE 'WD_LUC' on each deck with the last used cue-point!!!

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 5:15 pm
I would also like to thank PhantomDJ for his time, knowledge, and help in assisting me with this modification.
You guys here at VDJ are the greatest!

ClayDJ

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 8:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)