Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping Cue Points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello All,

hopefully no one else posted this and I missed it.

I have an Akai LPD8 that I'm try to map to VDJ Pro. What I want it to do is play the cue points while pressed, and if there isn't a cue point set, then to set one there. But I can't get it to work right.

If I have it set to hot_cue while_pressed then it will never set new cue points (I have to do it manually with the mouse), and if I set it as cue_stop, then it keeps remapping the cue point to where I am in the track, rather than jumping to the cue point.

Has anyone written a script for this? Or have a suggestion to work around it?

Thanks so much!

Wargboyz

Posted Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 5:47 pm
Here you go champ, it does three things... as requested if no cue is set it will set the cue, then it will play while pressed, but if you activate the play through, it will continue playing the track when you release the hot cue button, some NLU requested it. I included the leds, but you will need a definition file to map those. finally you need to change everything in bold for different cues and decks

cues while pressed
deck # cue 1 ? down ? deck # goto_cue 1 & deck # play & set 'flash' 1 : var 'through' 1 ? nothing & set 'through' 0 : deck # pause & deck # goto_cue 1 & set 'through' 0 & set 'flash' 0 : set_cue 1

cue leds
deck # cue 1 ? on : off

play through
set 'through' 1

play through led
var 'flash' 1 ? blink 400ms : deck # play ? on : off

Posted Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 6:43 pm
there was a mistake that should be better, and you can replace all the #'s for deck numbers, and the bold 1's to change the cue number.

cues while pressed
deck # cue 1 ? down ? deck # goto_cue 1 & deck # play & set 'flash_#' 1 : var 'through_#' 1 ? nothing & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0 : deck # pause & deck # goto_cue 1 & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0 : deck # set_cue 1

cue leds
deck # cue 1 ? on : off

play through
set 'through_#' 1

play through led
var 'flash_#' 1 ? blink 400ms : deck # play ? on : off

enjoy

Posted Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 8:26 pm
Thanks for the help, but when I map this for cue 1, if the track is playing it re-maps the cue point to were I'm at. And when I release the button it continues playing regardless.

Any thoughts to fix that?

Again, thanks for helping out a noob.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 4:11 pm
thats weird... I just tried it and it did the same thing... Not sure why but the first variable doesn't work, this part does if you have the cue already set

down ? deck # goto_cue 1 & deck # play & set 'flash_#' 1 : var 'through_#' 1 ? nothing & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0 : deck # pause & deck # goto_cue 1 & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0

it does make sense though, so I don't know how to rescript it to include the ability to set the cue if one isn't already set, it should just work... maybe check with djdad he's a genius at this stuff...

EDIT------------------------------------------------------
scratch that... this works, apparently you need to ask if there is a hot_cue, not just a cue...

deck # hot_cue 1 ? down ? deck # goto_cue 1 & deck # play & set 'flash_#' 1 : var 'through_#' 1 ? nothing & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0 : deck # pause & deck # goto_cue 1 & set 'through_#' 0 & set 'flash_#' 0 : deck # set_cue 1

cue leds
deck # hot_cue 1 ? on : off

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 4:41 pm
Nice topic. Helpt me allot. I also need a variable to hold it like 2 seconds and the track continues playing :)

Posted Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 5:47 am
Navee13Home userMember since 2013
this is very very nice and wonderful post.If I have it set to hot_cue while_pressed then it will never set new cue points (I have to do it manually with the mouse), and if I set it as cue_stop, then it keeps remapping the cue point to where I am in the track, rather than jumping to the cue point.

Has anyone written a script for this? Or have a suggestion to work around it?

thank u very much

Posted Tue 18 Jun 13 @ 12:43 am
i have the same issue and i cannot make it work neither on my Pioneer DDJ-SX, nor on my Stanton DJC.4, every time I press the hot cue button, keeps on playing, but i just want it to play while pressed, and also to set cues, can you guys help me?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 8:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
That's what we call stutter mode.
pause ? cue 1 ? cue 1 : goto_cue 1 & cue 1 : hot_cue 1 ? cue 1 : set_cue 1

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 8:16 pm
this script is working like a charm but...

If the dong is playing and i pres the hot cue, i just want it to jump to the set position of this hot cue, without pausing the song.
Also when the hot cue is pressed and you release it, the song pauses again and goes back to its former position, this is good, but i would like the song to continue when the hot cue is pressed , and when i press play.

anybody know how to do this?
thanks in advance

Joey

Posted Tue 12 Jan 16 @ 2:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The above is a workaround that is not needed anymore since VirtualDJ 8 has this stutter mode already implemented.
so simply map your Hotcue buttons as hot_cue 1, 2, 3 etc (probably mapped that way by default) and change the setting HotcueMode (from Settings->Options) to Stutter.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 16 @ 3:38 pm
haha i didn't know that, thanks!! :D

Posted Tue 12 Jan 16 @ 3:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)