Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to make the cue play and play pause buttons on a skin flash like they do on a CDJ? If so will they be in sync with the lights on the CDJ.

Thanks for any help on this,

Ian

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 4:47 am
Anyone??

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 3:52 pm
It's probably specific to each skin and the way it's coded. Is there a particular skin you want this to happen on?

Keith

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 4:11 pm
Trying to get it to work on a skin I am working on at the mo.
I can get the play button to flash if I have a cue play and pause button, but thats not what I am after. Im trying to replicate the way the play/pause and cue buttons flash on pioneers in a skin.

Bye the way before anyone says it is not a skin to look like CDJs

Thanks for any help,

Ian

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 6:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to write a script action for your button in the xml file like this

action="deck 1 loaded ? deck 1 play ? on & deck 1 play_pause : blink & deck 1 play_pause : off & deck 1 play_pause"

This will make the play button to blink when paused, on when play and off if a deck is not loaded yet.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 12:58 am
Thanks djdad, I am guessing that would be about the same for the cue button in my skin as well.

Well I will give this a go after work and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 2:26 am
For a CUE-PLAY button you can have this one ..

action="deck 1 loaded ? deck 1 cue ? on & deck 1 cue_play : deck 1 pause ? blink & deck 1 cue_play : off & deck 1 cue_play : off & deck 1 cue_play"

This will make the Cue-play button to blink when song is paused, off when song is playing, on when song is on cue point and off when not loaded.

As you may notice, its the same script as we use for mappers, but in this case you add deck number and you define both action for button and action (status) for the led

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 6:55 am
Thanks loads Djdad your a star.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 7:38 am
Thanks DJDad that worked a treat, just trying to get the cue one now to flash a little faster than the play one, I will get there in the end.

Here is what it is for (still in the early days, still working on it)

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 6:09 pm
Looks good ! Nice and clean.
Quite odd to see song position in reverted colors but it could help more to see the remain part rather the elapsed...hmm.. Good idea. I will try that myself to see how it looks, and works.

For faster blinking, you may specify the frequency e.g. blink 500ms or blink 1000ms

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 7:16 pm
djdad wrote :
Looks good ! Nice and clean.
Quite odd to see song position in reverted colors but it could help more to see the remain part rather the elapsed...hmm.. Good idea. I will try that myself to see how it looks, and works.

For faster blinking, you may specify the frequency e.g. blink 500ms or blink 1000ms

I like this... What is the native resolution ?¿?¿?¿

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 8:36 pm
Cool got the blinking right, thanks DJDad for the help and glad you like Dj ro. The res is 1366 x 768 by the way.

still got a lot more things to do, like the page buttons down the bottom in the pic are just there for me at the mo, will not look like that in the final one.

Ian

p.s. I will be adding the font for the lcd time with this skin as well.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 2:32 am
UPDATE

Panel added to show browser,record,effects, sample and track info buttons. Also eject and audio effects. Power status added at the top of the screen and audio meters in-between the BPMs.

Panel open

panel closed

Posted Sat 20 Aug 11 @ 2:43 pm
Latest Update, almost ready for submission.

Hope you like.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 4:43 am
Just uploaded for review

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 12:29 pm
Please lock/delete this thread as there is a new CDJ extension thread open. Thanks ;-)

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 2:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Done!

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)