Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: General C++ Plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

roeberControlleristMember since 2011
Hi,
what I'm really missing is that I cannot see visually what I'm recording in VDJ. This means that I cannot see the current amplitude as a wave form like beeing used in Audio editing software. So I want to write such a plugin but I'm nor sure if this is actually possible. I started to write a simple audio plugin where I received the audio samples of the deck where this audio effect is active. But what I need is the audio buffer which is written to disc while recording. Is this possible?

Regards
Steffen

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 4:23 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You could use:

#define VDJPLUGINFLAG_PROCESSMASTER 0x10 // apply the plugin on the master output

struct TVdjPluginInfo -> Flag

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 6:27 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello, sorry for going slighty off topic...

first up, i´d like to thank all plugin developers for their hard work. As i see that its possible to have master effects, i would like to ask if its possible to see a few master effects in the future ? On the same note, is a loop recorder like in Traktor Pro 2 possible ? Where one could layer different sounds, add and take away recordings, but without the use of the sampler? I know that effects exsist that can e.g. record a 8 bar scratch and loop it scratched, but i would really love to see a loop recorder like effecct that affects the mixed signal aka the master out :)

Thanks, and keep up beeing such good developers. Greetings from Germany

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 8:17 am
roeberControlleristMember since 2011
Short info:
VDJPLUGINFLAG_PROCESSMASTER works fine for me. But it would be nice if another API could be added in the future to avoid activating such effects explictly. Something like a global background plugin with access to the soundbuffer would be great.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 3:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)