Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How to get that Clear/crisp sound when DJing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Like Armin Van Buuren and many other DJ's out there, even on radio broadcasts they somehow get the music they're playing to sound amazing. Almost as if every sound is amplified during the song. There is definitely a difference, when i listen to songs side by side from songs used in DJ sets there is a complete difference. Please tell me theres a way I can sort of do this in Virtual DJ or if theres a plugin i can download?? I'm getting my own Trance show at my South Carolina University this fall and would love to learn some more...

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 10:11 pm
effects like

compressor
limiter
reverb (very small amounts)
stereo widener
maximizer
parametric eq's

will do the job but you will have to do each channel individually, as you are unable to effect the master channel, you should also register your serial so you can download plugins from this site.

Those dj's and big radiostations also usually process audio in 64 bit 98000khz/128000khz on amazingly expensive systems whereas you are probably using a cheap system in 24bit 41000khz

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 11:53 pm
Oh alright! Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm working on purchasing a real edition of VDJ.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 8:48 pm
also they aren't downloading thier tracks from kazza, limewire etc. my tracks sound fine when i play out on club systems or my own set ups. keep your bit rate at 192 or better,

Posted Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 11:39 pm
It is worth remembering that ANY sound system will only be as good as it's weakest link. So basically as in the 'Old Days' if your stylus was poor you would only get as good as that could produce, the same goes for every link in the chain to your speakers, it's exactly the same today even though electronic units are now very good by comparison they will only deliver as good as they are given, so if you have the space on your H/Drive rip in high bit rate

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 6:31 am
you need 320's or uncompressed music

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 4:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)