Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How to toggle between 2 commands?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so i have these commands mapped over a Image on a skin,and i want to toggle between both commands using a button ,layered over the image itself (sorry for my terminalogy but thats what i call em),whats the syntax after the button action? fallow me?
here...

<visual pannel="options" type="transparent" source="get cpu">
<size width="168" height="144"/>
<pos x="558" y="320"/>
<clipmask x="364" y="3705"/>
<down x="1059" y="4559" nb="-4" nbx="-2"/>
<mask x="357" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<visual type="custom" source="get cpu" orientation="horizantal" Direction="down">
<pos x="958" y="3044"/>
<down x="1059" y="4559" nb="4" nbx="2"/>
</visual>
------------------------------------------------
<visual pannel="options" source="get rotation" type="custom">
<size width="166" height="154"/>
<pos x="564" y="312"/>
<clipmask x="363" y="3704"/>
<down x="959" y="3038" nb="3" nbx="2"/>
<mask x="366" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<visual type="custom" source="get cpu">
<size width="166" height="154"/>
<pos x="962" y="3037"/>
<down x="962" y="3037" nb="3" nbx="2"/>
</visual>
------------------------------------------------------
<button pannel="options" action = toggle "visual type="custom" source="get cpu" & "visual type="custom" source="get cpu" >
<size width="266" height="137"/>
<pos x="513" y="321"/>

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 6:18 am
So nobody knows anything arround here.....huh?

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 10:21 pm
Wish I could help, but that's above my pay grade, lol. Kinda why I don't make skins anymore, it just gets to complicated to quick anymore.

Maybe Djdad will come through and take a look
Huey

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 1:27 am
Thanks Huey...

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 3:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The above code makes no sense, as these lines really confuses me ..

<pos x="962" y="3037"/> ????

<pos x="958" y="3044"/>???

Please post some parts of your bpm file, in order to understand what you need to do.
Do you need to swap (toggle) 2 panels in the same position ?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 8:24 pm
Sorry dad,yes this is a experiment...wanted to be a surprise but...O.k. I'm using the "get cpu" (works!) and "get Rotation" as special effects on my Alien head Logo (see new video in my "Preview of Rmx 4 deck skin Alien ...." i just posted.anyways been doing this without posting "Help" request and doing fine until i got the idea of toggling between the 2 commands,as for the down positions and such...what i do is experiment with that until i get an effect,so far got the image behind the Alien head to fade in & out which is what i wanted by using "get cpu" & transparent, had first done it with "get Rotation" where the Alien head spins around (ha,ha Lmfao) but I'll code that some other way.just need to know...its there a way to toggle between 2 commands,and can we then place the "Button" over the Image being affected...Follow? (again check my video...the new Alien Head is on the "Options" pannel which just had the "vinyl Selectors" and and unusefull info in the middle where now its the Alien.....soooo its the "button pannel & "action" scripting that i cant find an example of to learn from,just thought "should be possible?"...

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 9:11 pm
I know zip about skinning, but if it is a script action you need use

shift
toggle 'alien_head'

this will toggle between 'alien_head' 1 & 'alien_head' 0, so in your action you need to make the button toggle and then use the variable to tell it what to do when pressed

toggle 'alien_head' & var ''alien_head' 1 ? skin_panel "my_panel_2" on : skin_panel "my_panel_1" on

if you want three you can use "cycle"

cycle 'alien_head' 3 & var 'alien_head' 1 ? skin_panel "my_panel_2" on : var 'alien_head' 2 ? skin_panel "my_panel_3" on : skin_panel "my_panel_1" on

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 11:09 pm
Hey! allright...not sure but....im mean the two video pannel's SETTINGS on the option and source parrameters.but you might have something there,like Tittle them "Alien 1" & "Alien 2" and toggle between them as if they where pannels.does this make any sense? and if so...how do i scrip that? thanks for your help...

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 11:51 pm
'alien_head' is the name of the shift, 'alien 1', 'alien 2', is the name of the panel

toggle 'alien_head' & var ''alien_head' 1 ? skin_panel "alien 2" on : skin_panel "alien 1" on

:)

Posted Sun 10 Jul 11 @ 12:05 am
also...I'm talking about a skin button we click on the skin,in this case anywhere in the alienhead area to change its behaviour...we're making this Alien spooky guys....I wanted it to wabble slowly as if a dream like image but could figure how to make a clipmask pattern do that.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 11 @ 2:48 am
if your making a panel button, just map the same thing twice for each button... I understand the panel is the button :)

If your using photoshop have you tried grouping the whole alien head copy paste into a new document, then use a blur effect, copy and paste new the image to a new document and blur it the same amount again, repeat... that should make it progressive so you get a frame by frame animation, then paste it all back to the original skin file, (you should only have to go from clean to blurred as you can repeat the images for half so you get good morphing of the image)

It should work because phantom managed to recreate the pioneer cdj screen on ghost osd really well using this method, I was considering using this for a future touchscreen skin where it has a 3d atom thing going around.

Let me know if you do that I think it would look great

Posted Sun 10 Jul 11 @ 3:55 am
O.k. i made about 4 copies after an "error on line 0" would'nt let me open the skin on acount of the Button portion..which its deleted and now looks like this...

================Alien Head EFX==========================
"alien_head 1" (EDIT)
<pos x="556" y="320"/>
<down x="957" y="3043" nb="4" nbx="2"/>
<mask x="357" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<visual type="custom" source="get cpu" orientation="vertical" direction="right">
<pos x="957" y="3043"/>
</visual>

"alien_head 2"
<visual pannel="options" type="custom" source="get rotation">
<pos x="556" y="320"/>
<mask x="357" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<pos x="957" y="3044"/>
<down x="957" y="3044" nb="3" nbx="2"/>
</visual>

so how do I add the Button code to this?
should both alien_head's be "Sub"pannels?

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 4:46 am
sorry bro that's way above my pay grade..

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 5:51 am
no worries...I'm hackin away!
now I got this,does not get an "error on Line 0" warnning but its not togglin either...but i think I'm close?

================Alien Head EFX==========================
'alien 1'
<pos x="556" y="320"/>
<mask x="357" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<visual type="custom" source="get cpu" orientation="vertical" direction="right">
<pos x="957" y="3043"/>
</visual>

'alien 2'
<visual pannel="options" type="custom" source="get rotation">
<pos x="556" y="320"/>
<mask x="357" y="3884"/>
</visual>

<pos x="957" y="3044"/>
<down x="957" y="3044" nb="3" nbx="2"/>
</visual>

and we need this Button to work

<button pannel="options" action="toggle alien_fx 'alien 1'on & alien_fx 'alien 2'on" >
<size width="260" height="137"/>
<pos x="513" y="321"/>
</button>
so whats wrong?

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 8:51 am
maybe just cut out the toggle bit and have each panel swap to the other..

button on panel 1 - skin_panel 'alien 2' on
button on panel 2 - skin_panel 'alien 1' on

and this how the other scipt should read
toggle 'alien_fx' & var 'alien_fx' 1 ? skin_panel 'alien 1'on : skin_panel 'alien 2' on

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 8:57 am
O.k. on what existing pannel we put the first part? button on pannel 1 & button on pannel 2 part?...this getting error everywhere! ...ha,ha sorry huh...but we got the toggle part in there so far...still its not seperating the 2 effects..I'llbe darn if i dont hack this thing!!!

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:13 am
you know? i think you've giving me an idea!cant separate the 2 buttons effects but we can separate the options pannel's top and bottom vinyl selector buttons=option pannel (cut its size in half) AND ALIEN EFFECTS 1 & 2 Pannels (2 new ones on top!) thanks Shyntet1c....that all...

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 4:24 pm
Well I've tried various things and the toggle script is'nt working.not that big of a deal thought I have the various effects i made on the Alien Head (talking about this....
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/145625/VirtualDJ_Skins/preview__Rmx_4_Deck_mod_2011.html )

on other copies of the skin but would od liked it on one skin..toggleable....anyways now I know this was talked about in another thread but...the Djc parameter for effects dont work on 4 deck mode,correct? so...do i use another code on decks 3 & 4? or on all 4 decks? will this allow to have 12 slots per deck? might be a dumb question but I'm been busy building custom Guitars as well so...can anyone specify?...thanks

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 12:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)