Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: behringer ddm4000 mapper doubt

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi , everyone here and over others foruns knows that working with behringer ddm4000 crossfader for audio and video is impossible .
Anyway , that problem happens because to activate the cross fader you need to select CF assign in that deck to witch side of the crossfader you want to work with it .
It was perfect if behringer released an firmware with those buttons without middi commands "CF assign" , in that way you could work with them as apart of the internal mixer software.
Ok , i am loosing some time here because if those buttons exists as midi command them VDJ must have the proper commands to activate them correctly right ?!!!!
I was looking at vdj verbs "dont understand nothing" to try mapping them and i tryed this command for deck 1 :

<map value="BUTTON_CH1_CF_ASSIGN" action="deck1 leftcross ? deck1 rightcross" /> -ยป trying to assign that deck to one side of the crossfader .

and for the leds of CF assign deck 1 i used :

<map value="LED_CH1_CF_ASSIGN_A" action="var_equal deck 1 leftcross ? on : var_equal deck 1 rightcross ? off" />
<map value="LED_CH1_CF_ASSIGN_B" action="var_equal deck 1 rightcross ? on : var_equal deck 1 leftcross ? off" />

what happened ?!!!!!
simple , nothing .

I was trying to when you select A side of the cf assign deck 1 that led A lighted and B off .
That var_equal command i though it was to check the status of the cf button , but it seems not .

VDJ staff could help us a bit with these verbs and commands , after all they builded the software and dropped the verbs on a page with a simple examples to we learn on working with them .

I think there is a solution to this mapping on behringer ddm4000 right but i am far away to understand this vdjscript .
Behringer also dont bother in these details like mappers for the users of their equipments but Numark uses a different prespective in that area .

Any opinion on this ?

Thanks

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 5:44 pm
If I were you I would use this, It should make it swap between left, right and pass through (no assign) the leds should also work as expected. If it is just the video crossfader you will need a different script, but I think you can only use the ddm as an audio or midi crossfader not both, so it should not be relevant for you.

for the crossfader assign buttons

channel 1
cf assign button - cycle 'cf_1' 3 & var 'cf_1' 1 ? deck 1 cross_assign 'left' : var 'cf_1' 2 ? deck 1 cross_assign 'right' : var 'cf_1' 0 ? deck 1 cross_assign 'thru'"

cf left led - var 'cf_1' 1 ? on : off
cf right led - var 'cf_1' 2 ? on : off

channel 2
cf assign button - cycle 'cf_2' 3 & var 'cf_2' 1 ? deck 2 cross_assign 'left' : var 'cf_2' 2 ? deck 2 cross_assign 'right' : var 'cf_2' 0 ? deck 2 cross_assign 'thru'"

cf left led - var 'cf_2' 1 ? on : off
cf right led - var 'cf_2' 2 ? on : off

channel 2
cf assign button - cycle 'cf_3' 3 & var 'cf_3' 1 ? deck 3 cross_assign 'left' : var 'cf_3' 2 ? deck 3 cross_assign 'right' : var 'cf_3' 0 ? deck 3 cross_assign 'thru'"

cf left led - var 'cf_3' 1 ? on : off
cf right led - var 'cf_3' 2 ? on : off

channel 2
cf assign button - cycle 'cf_4' 3 & var 'cf_4' 1 ? deck 4 cross_assign 'left' : var 'cf_4' 2 ? deck 4 cross_assign 'right' : var 'cf_4' 0 ? deck 4 cross_assign 'thru'"

cf left led - var 'cf_4' 1 ? on : off
cf right led - var 'cf_4' 2 ? on : off

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 8:35 pm
Thanks for the reply , i dont have time now to test it because i have to go on a business trip and only can get here problably on sunday , i will test those line when i get here.
Thanks a lot for the tip , ill let you know if it worked.

Best of all
Pedro

Posted Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 12:21 am
thanks for the codes , the commands are working bur unhapilly i got a button called "CF On" witch activate all those buttons .
On the mapper of behringer in vdj controllers that code is not in the mapper .
Any clew how is the code to activate the crossfader for audio in software mode ?
Basiclly it is activated only for video mode , and the connection in vdj "link video crossfader to audio" is not doind nothing .

thanks again for all the help
Pedro

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 1:24 pm
just map your crossfader as... crossfader

then link the video with the lock on the video panel, not sure about the other thing you said, I have never used a ddm4000, check the manual for the midi configuration I guess

Posted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 1:39 pm
Hi , that part is mapped right , the crossfader works perfectly .
This button CF ON , is mapped with \"crossfader on ? crossfader off\" but is is not working on the mixer that option .
And to be honest without the correct code for it , the mixer will work with the line sliders on and the crossfader on also but the CF Assign lines like you explain to me before will not be usefull without this button working to activate that codes on hadware .
is abit confusing but is image ou will understand .

In image i dropped some arrows to be ndertanded how it works .
All those 4 buttons of CF assign lines will not work on Crossfader if that button on mixer is deactivated .
The crossfader is working as video only on virtual dj and the link on vdj \"Link bith streams video + audio to same crossfader\" are not doing nothing .

cheers
Pedro

Posted Sun 10 Jul 11 @ 1:57 pm
that looks like a hardware button to me, as in it affects the hardware not the midi... check the manual for how to set it up properly, but you should just be able to turn it on and have the crossfader work (if it is hardware)

for the mapping of the crossfader try

crossfader & video_crossfader

if you want to use that button if it is midi

toggle 'cf_on'

crossfader with the on shift

var 'cf_on' 1 ? crossfader & video_crossfader : nothing

Posted Sun 10 Jul 11 @ 7:08 pm
Thank you so much for all your help in this matter , personally i dont even know how to compesate your work trying to help me with this headache .

I tryed all the configs you gave me and it seems dont want to work .
Crossfader is working only for video and not for audio on VDJ .
I have send an email to behringer support team to get me a solution for this , i cant work with the mixer without pre-listen .
To get pre-listen i need to get the line sliders up , and doing that i put the lines on output master because crossfader is not directing the audio of the separate channels were they belong , channel 1 on the left and channel 2 on the right .
If they released a firmware capable to activate only the channel sliders and crossfader slider on midi commands and leave all the rest of the buttons on manual control on the mixer will solve most of the problems .
Other Problem that this mixer have is that if you use the midi signals on vdj with it and have a cdjs connected to analog audio to the mixer then you are unable to control those analog lines with the mixer while it is uder midi controlled by software .
The solution is simple , a new firmware updated by midi to the mixer to solve all that .

thank you for everything

Pedro

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 11:29 am
have you set up a headphone output with your soundcard? you will be bypassing the headphone function on the mixer, and you will have to plug straight into your soundcard output, and control the pfl through vdj which you can map to the mixer.

the easiest way to set it up is to use advanced config, that way you can setup all the ins and outs and if your soundcard doesn't have a headphone jack you can just use your laptops headphone for the pfl

the issue of not being able to use the mixer and decks is caused by conflicting midi signals, you can either change the channel the device uses (usually you have 16 channels each with 127 individual controls) or you can create a definition file so vdj can recognise the devices... check the download -> plugins -> controllers section of the forum to see if anyone has already created one.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 11:57 am
hi synthetic1 , i recieved a response from behringer support team , their answer was simple :

"We actually provide support for the Traktor Pro demo which is what is bundled with the DDM4000. If you have purchased Virtual DJ, please contact them for support with that product."

"This is very basic midi stuff here, you should be able to find out how to make Virtual DJ react to the standard midi cc numbers coming out of our product."

Anyway , i managed to get headphones from laptop audiocard until i get traktor audio10 , when i get it then i will use on of those outputs to get phones properly without using 2 audio cards .

Audio and video for somehow are now fading correctly , crossfader cuts audio and video witch is good .
I just need a little more help from you "if possible of corse" .
I lneed that a led of a button "cf_on" gets lighted when crossfader is on and unlighted when crossfader is off .
How can i do that command?
<map value="LED_CF_ON" action="var cf ? on : off" />
but is not working .
The led is just a sign that crossfader is activated .

Thanks
Pedro

Posted Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 5:53 pm
if your using this

toggle 'cf_on'

crossfader with the on shift

var 'cf_on' 1 ? crossfader & video_crossfader : nothing

the led would be

var 'cf_on' 1 ? on : off

Posted Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 9:18 pm
thanks , it is working perfect as you said .
I am working on the lines left that i can to release this mapper on VDJ site as standart mapper for behringer ddm4000 .
I was looking and users adapted their mappers to their needs , like (starting decks , pause decks , effects,etc...) , most of the things that are not complemented in standart behringer mixer .
I am using other decks codes to program their pars , as 1 is same as 3 and 2 as 4 .
I will like you at the end just give a quick look to the mapper itself and problably fix some lines iif they are wrong , of corse in case you want to waste time on it .
I believe this is important for all us here , because Behringer dont care about this stuff , and many users have same problems as i have/had .

I dont have pre listen on the mixer like i told you before , using crossfader is the same (in internal mixer) as using only the slider buttons for each channel.
Example : having to decks in input lines 1 and 2 , the crossfader is turned to 1st deck , the line 2 inputs are at 0 sound in in mixer until i get crossfader to other side .
About that i believe it cant be do nothing by scripting in vdj .
It is a bit confused and maybe i do some kind of video here to you understand what i am saying .

best of all
Pedro

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 1:55 pm
i forgot to ask you something to finish .
PFL buttons are not sending commands to vdj to select the decks , in this case i am using in the mapper 4 button from sample record in ddm4000 to select the decks , each button to each deck .
o activate the leds i am using this command : deck1 select ? on:off
but for some reason is not working , any clue from your side ?

Have a good weekend .

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 3:21 pm
got it .
Going to up the mapper

cheers
Pedro

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 4:13 pm
I am looking for the midi codes for my DDM4000 with Virtual Pro 7.04. Just for audio. If anyone has them I would be very grateful.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)