Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How 2 Modify An Existing Virtual DJ Skin ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I Downloaded & Bought (Skin Creator By Jeremk) And Now I Want To Modify Some Skins I Downloaded. What I'm Trying 2 Do Iz = The Skins That Have That (Little Red Dot By The Song So You Know When Its Been Played Already) Is To Small. I Use Mainly Skins That Have A Red Check mark. (Easier To See) How Can I Modify That Part ? See My Pictures For Reference.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 10:52 pm
that one is actually created by djdad who was helping you, it's called GROM, to edit that you just need to unzip the skin file open the bitmap file in a picture editor, like photoshop or even the standard paint, you will see a box somewhere on the picture containing the icons for the skin, just change the picture and save the file then rezip it and you will then have a new icon instead ot the tick.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 11:41 pm
i didnt want to edit the Grom skin its the main one i use. i was just using the picture as a reference. so skins that have that lil red dot how do i remove them icons & insert the red check mark icon ?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 11:47 pm
Its the same, just open and edit the picture then zip it back up... If your not changing the position of anything you don't need to change the code, if you want the ticks from grom to the skin underneith cust copy and paste it into the bmp and save it

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 1:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are talking about the icons in the browser part?

You need to open the bmp file of the skin that has those icons, copy that, and paste to the bmp file that you need to add. Then you need to add to the second xml file this line at the browser part.

<browser>
<customicons x="nb1" y="nb2" />
</browser>

where nb1 and nb2 are the x,y coordinates of the left top corner of the icons part in the bmp file.

Read more infos here..
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/144883/VirtualDJ_Skins/modify_Icons____.html?search=customicons&page=1

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 9:28 am
Hey djdad i sent you a private message please read it & respond when you kan thanx

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 8:21 pm
DeblonzHome userMember since 2011
nice one

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 4:54 am
morning, hey guys, all i want to do is put my dj name and my picture on my skins, how do i do this?

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 4:44 am
just open and edit the picture then zip it back up

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 4:48 am
that is if he ever made any graphic editing or painting like on Windows Paint.

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 6:07 am
Giovanniog wrote :
morning, hey guys, all i want to do is put my dj name and my picture on my skins, how do i do this?

click on documents/virtualdj/skins/click on the skin folder you want to edit/right click & copy the picture to your desktop/once its on your desktop/roght click it & open with windows paint / edit it how you want/close all windows/right click the picture on your desktop cut & paste back in the folder that it was in

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@Giovanniog, made this for the guys over three years ago so the video quality wasn't as good then on youtube, but it may help you to visually understand what you need to do.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 6:52 am
wasalaHome userMember since 2010
please help me to add more hot cue points for virtual dj skin.many skin have only 3 or 4 hot cue points buttons.how can i add more than 6 hot cue points for virtual dj.
thanks
*******@****

Moderation
Email removed. It is not permitted from No License Users to post contact information. Please read our forum rules.

Posted Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 12:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Instead of modifying a skin or creating a new one, which both require some basic skills (in graphics and coding), i would suggest to create a few shortcuts in your keyboard as hot_cue 4, hot_cue 5 etc.
Please read here on how to create keyboard shortcuts.

Posted Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 5:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)