Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Modify A Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was just curious how much would someone charge 2 modify a skin that I have gotten my hands on that I would like tweaked 2 fit me....which would be basically make it 2 where it only has one box for effects instead of the 5 boxes. And also when I go 2 change the effect (using my controller) it doesn't change the name of the effect but it does do a different effect than the one that is listed. ... But if I use the mouse 2 change it the proper name comes up & it does the effect that is named (so basically just need the effect names 2 change when I use the controller)

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 2:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please post the name of the skin and the resolution you use, and perhaps the author of the skin or another skinner might help you on this.
Also post the exact actions that your controller has assigned on the effect buttons you use.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 8:50 am
well the problem is that it is an older skin that I got my hands on which I love but the problem is that it is no longer approved by the staff here, so I can't post it

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 6:11 pm
Post a screenshot.

Maybe the creator of the skin would like to help you on that, if he is still around.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 9:11 pm
ok 2 questions....

1. How do I do a screenshot on a Mac....been a mac users for years & never had 2 do that...

2. Is it not against the rules 2 post a screenshot of an unapproved skin (sorry just want 2 follow the rules)

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 2:27 am

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 8:43 am
Ok here is the skin that I would like modded if it could be done....I only want 1 FX deck & also make it 2 where when I use my effect knob on the mixtrack the actual name off the fx changes...cuz right now it will give me a different effect but it will not change names...

Posted Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 5:53 pm
You can get around that with mapping your controller...

It might work with something like

knob 1
param_greater 50% ? effect select +1 : effect select -1

knob 2
param_greater 50% ? effect 2 select +1 : effect 2 select -1

but I would suggest a much larger code that restricts the effects in two catagories, because I like to make things more complicated, but easier to operate LOL
- knob 1 - time based effects eg, loop roll, magic loop
- knob 2 - sound based effects eg flanger, filter, phaser

you will need to change the ("effect_name_#") to whatever effect you would like in that position eg ("looproll"), I suggest using notepad or word pad (find and replace) as the the same effect slots are doubled up for each knob

to do it you should use something like

effect knob 1
param_greater 50% ? cycle 'beatfx' 5 & var 'beatfx' 1 ? effect select "effect_name_1" : var 'beatfx' 2 ? effect select "effect_name_2" : var 'beatfx' 3 ? effect select "effect_name_3" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_4" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_5" : cycle 'beatfx' -5 & var 'beatfx' 1 ? effect select "effect_name_1" : var 'beatfx' 2 ? effect select "effect_name_2" : var 'beatfx' 3 ? effect select "effect_name_3" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_4" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_5"

effect knob 2
param_greater 50% ? cycle 'audiofx' 5 & var 'audiofx' 1 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_1" : var 'audiofx' 2 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_2" : var 'audiofx' 3 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_3" : var 'audiofx' 4 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_4" : var 'audiofx' 4 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_5" : cycle 'audiofx' -5 & var 'audiofx' 1 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_1" : var 'audiofx' 2 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_2" : var 'audiofx' 3 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_3" : var 'audiofx' 4 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_4" : var 'audiofx' 4 ? effect 2 select "effect_name_5"

Posted Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 10:24 pm
Synthetic that is way over my head...I know how 2 do the learn thing when mapping but not sure what all that stuff is u typed. lol

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 1:44 am
It's just a cycle script, it will allow you to swap through 5 different effects, you just have to name the effects that you want to use, the with an endless encoder knob you can scroll through your pre programmed effects, that way you will intuitively know which effect comes before or after, so you can take your eyes off the screen... But you can just paste the first two scripts that say knob 1, knob 2 into your mapper and it should scroll through the whole list of effects.

just select new in the mapper, move the knob, paste in the script, move the knob and the different effect slots will change according to which knob you use... easy

if you want to do the rest change the bold writing, the other script is exactly the same, it's just the cycle name that changes from 'beatfx' to 'audiofx', but you don't need to worry about that...

effect knob 1
param_greater 50% ? cycle 'beatfx' 5 & var 'beatfx' 1 ? effect select "effect_name_1" : var 'beatfx' 2 ? effect select "effect_name_2" : var 'beatfx' 3 ? effect select "effect_name_3" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_4" : var 'beatfx' 0 ? effect select "effect_name_5" : cycle 'beatfx' -5 & var 'beatfx' 1 ? effect select "effect_name_1" : var 'beatfx' 2 ? effect select "effect_name_2" : var 'beatfx' 3 ? effect select "effect_name_3" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_4" : var 'beatfx' 4 ? effect select "effect_name_5"

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 5:46 am
now doing that will it actually change on the screen...Cuz that is the issue now is that it cycles but it doesn't actually change the name on the screen so if I'm on say backspin for example I have 2 turn it 3 times to get 2 flanger but it won't show flanger in the FX box it will still show backspin but because I rotated it 3 times I know it's Flanger..I'm just trying 2 get it where it will show the name of the effect that I am on..

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 10:57 am
they both will :D

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 4:13 pm
ok I will try this out & if I can't get it I will post back & thx for your help

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 6:44 pm
ok I couldn't get it 2 work so I know I'm doing something wrong so it looks like I will have 2 find another skin....=-(

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 7:28 pm
knob 1
param_greater 50% ? effect select +1 : effect select -1

knob 2
param_greater 50% ? effect 2 select +1 : effect 2 select -1

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 10:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)