Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Mule?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Im tinkering with skins, changing the postions of buttons, moving a deck here, a panel there etc, somemtimes ALL the elemts in a skin if I make it a screen for two screens or alter it in some other way etc. Im finding Im doing a lot of legwork just changing x y coordinates of buttons, visuals and other elements.for example:
I move a bunch of buttons down 200 pixels to put something in there, then I have to move the y coordinates for those buttons.

I am wondering if there is a program that can locate definitions in elements and change the text by some critera. For example:
Find the 'x' coordinate in all <button> elements and add 200 to the value, going through the skin changing those values automatically.

eg. it would be able to change the value after 'x' below from 572 to 772:

<visual type="linear" source="automixfader" orientation="horizontal">
<pos x="572" y="3"></pos>

The ability to run kinds of macros (?) like this would save me A LOT of time.

Cheers!

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 4:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You may simply add .. +200 to your x coordinate.

Example ...

<pos x="572+200" y="3"/>

So all you need to do is to copy (CTRL+C) that +200 and use CTRL+V to add this to each x coordinate you need.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 5:51 pm
cheers djdad. That will help a lot.

Still be interested to know if anyone knows a program that can search for those values and append all with a '+200'or similar (or knows that such a program doesnt exist) automatically.

Cheers.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 6:21 pm
you can use jeremk's skin creator its in the download section

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 10:10 pm
Thanks. Skin Creator looks good but sar far dont see any way to make it run a macro function like described above. Anybody know of a way please feel free to chime in. Cheers.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)