Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Midi - How to get it to work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tretreHome userMember since 2003
Im in controll .. and can easily change for any .. keyboard command.. but how do u do for midi channel/nummber.. didint figure this out at all.. eh..

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 5:23 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just create shortcuts in the same way you do it with your computer keyboard...
Select the action and strike the key of your midi keyboard :)

Posted Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 1:25 am
Easy when you know how :D

Posted Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 1:39 am
Hm ,.,. sounds good.. .. like i thought it should work. well back to testing couse it didnt work when i tested and since i coulndt find any info about it .. i wasnt sure it was suppose to work as u meantioned.

back to the drawing board ;)

Posted Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 1:08 pm
hm so i tested my installation again.. and no.. it wasnt me.. and i tested as suggested .. before i posted and again now and ive come to a conclusion... of a possibility.. i have a motherboard with built in sound as well as another.. and since there are NO... midi settings in virtual.... my guess.. conclusion ;) goes to that its using the m-b midi drivers and not the " main" soundcard. How can i change wwhat drivers are to be used couse other progs have no difficulty using my unite.. but... you ahve to give it the right settings (midi in)...

Posted Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 1:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 6:39 am
Yes I did read it .. although it didint contain any answear more then what ive come up to already ;) I was hoping for a post from the "officiales" on either what to do or what to WAIT.. for ...

Posted Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 10:48 am
As im sure vdj is just using the default midi.. for the m-board.. this would be a easy fix? ;) Couse i have 1 unite connected throu midi but 2 midi drivers. And all other progs dont work on 1 but work on nummber 2..

Posted Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 10:55 am
Bump for answer.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 1:29 am
.. Is there anyway to change wich drivers the prog is listnening too.. ?

Wait, do this, doing wrong?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 7:47 pm
Bump for answer....

Posted Wed 03 Sep 03 @ 2:58 pm
Actar67Home userMember since 2003
Bump for answer and buy the software if the midi work fine as Traktor.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 2:49 pm
you can bump all you want but it doesn't make them answer any quicker. I think the French forum has more priority from the number of posts.

Let me ask you this, DOES THE WHEEL WORK? can you scratch with MIDI?

I will be messing with MIDI and virtual DJ this week when the mixman DM-2 comes in. I paid $40 on ebay. If it doesn't work, then I will try it with mixvibes 5 and traktor dj 2.0. would rather use it with virtual DJ to see how the scratch works.

WirelessDJ

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 2:25 am
Yea it all works in trakktor.. not sure about the dac 2 but dmc 1 works.. with midi upgrade.

And well one could begin to speculate that there was no answer since they want to release THEIR controller that will work so o´h very well.. instead of helping outher ppl out i guess.

And so far trakktor IS the ONLY 1 to have a SOLID midi interface implamention. And yea u can select midi inputs rather then have default midi in?

Im ranting but its bs that this post or in any of the 3 about this hasnt got 1 single answer or .. sorry wait etc etc!!!!

Bah ill leave this program and go back to trakktor.. they clearly shown their tactic about this.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 1:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)