Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Delayed Echo..........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A plugin request cause I'm not sure if there's one that does this. I would like to be able to set the Echo every 2, 4, 8 or 16th beat. And then be able to adjust the length of the echo. Where it echos twice or if I had it on every 8 I could extend it to the next 8. The only ones I find now are you just turn on and set the volume of the echo. Or I would have to adjust a slider to get the desired sound when playing live. I just want to activate the effect be done, no moving sliders just start it and it echos every 2,4,8 or 16th, which ever I choose.

Hope that makes sense
Huey

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 1:44 pm
Nobody?? Ok then........

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 3:15 pm
I'm not at home so I can't check, but if you have the ability to set a echo on 1 beat amount with a button, you could try using "param_multiply" eg.

effect "effect_name" button # & param_multiply 400% & effect "effect_name" slider # ---- for 4 beats
effect "effect_name" button # & param_multiply 800% & effect "effect_name" slider # --- for 8 beats
effect "effect_name" button # & param_multiply 1600% & effect "effect_name" slider # --- for 16 beats

The way this should work is pressing the effect button should change a slider to one beat, then you are multiplying the position of the slider to the desired amount, It would only work if the depth amount can be set on a slider but not really sure if it will work, but it's worth a try...

you can also give this a try on the echodoppler for 3/4 beat echo, cause it will sound cool
effect "echodoppler" active & effect "echodoppler" button 2 & param_multiply 75% & effect "echodoppler" slider 2
(i think they are the button and slider knobs from memory)

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 7:43 pm
Thats way to much work bro, lol!! In another program I just set my volume and pick my beat, that simple. Then every 8th it would echo on its own, none of this turning and pressing.

Thanks but that not gonna work for me
Huey

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 8:31 pm
Alright then... Plus One :) it is a good idea

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 9:24 pm
Or even if anybody knows of a vst that will do the same thing would be cool as well.........

Thanks for looking and the help
Huey

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 5:58 pm
OK I found a plugin, http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/661/EchoOut.html, that can do what I want but it turns off after 1 cycle. Now if this would cycle it would be perfect!! Or if it had an option like the beatgrid plugin to keep cycling..............Hmmm, now to try to contact the creator............unless someone wants to take this on??

Please
Huey

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 9:56 pm
try this bro http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13019/LoopGames.html

It does something similar to what you want, it plays a loop once but the second time it is muted, I don't really like it or know how to work it properly but it might be okay.

Also check out the feedback loop post, that effect ownes

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 10:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)