Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin changing audio dropout problem?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anbody tell me how to change VDJ skin while playing without having the audio dropout for a second. Now when I change skin during a live gig, there is a audio dropout, is it possible to get rid of that dropout ?.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 10:17 am
Well you really shouldn't be changing skins in the middle of a gig, so if at all possible don't do it...........but I have noticed that when changing from a 2 deck skin from a 4 deck skin there is a drop out. So I would say make sure there's the same amount of decks on the skin your changing from or too. But this is just my opinion so maybe someone else will chime in.........

Huey

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 10:26 am
This is the same skin with different graphic in the player turntable windows. A followup: Is it possible for your skin to load a cover art in the video window or designated area on a skin ?.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 11:21 am
There is a video plugin that will show the cover art of the track that is playing, not sure if your using videos or not. What skin is it that your using??

Huey

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 11:45 am
Thanks for the reply. The cover art plugin would not help me I am not playing video, I am using a customised VDJ 7 (4 deck) skin.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 12:13 pm
You should be able to change skins without audio dropping out. I noticed when this happens there is no peak in the DPC Latency checker however.

I have noticed some skins do this and others do not. Must be something about the amount of graphics changing vs your machines video capabilities.

I can't get round this on my current machine when changing between VDJ 1024x768 for the ipad and a 1366x768 custom skin and it bugs the hell out of me. I can't recall this being a problem on my Macbook Pro though .....

Keith

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 12:14 pm
But why change the skin in the middle of your set especially when there's music playing??? I can't get my head around that. Why not use that skin right out the gate??

Huey

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 1:06 pm
I, like Huey, have only noticed this drop when changing the number of decks between skins. If you change between 2 different 4 deck skins or 2 different 2 deck skins this doesn't happen.

DjChuck

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 3:12 pm
For example switching between ipad and laptop control. ipad is 1024x768 and laptop is 1366x768.

Iremote does have custom skins but because there's no browser search at present it's pretty much useless for me.

Keith

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 5:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Has nothing to do with how many decks a skin has..

as Keith correctly said ..
kradcliffe wrote :
You should be able to change skins without audio dropping out. I noticed when this happens there is no peak in the DPC Latency checker however.

I have noticed some skins do this and others do not. Must be something about the amount of graphics changing vs your machines video capabilities.

Follow this guide in order your computer to perform better..
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 10:25 pm
Well this same thing was happening to me also , with drop out sin the song , or it was like a skip in the song . This never happened before just recently , the only thing I did in the past few weeks was update my ati video card . What I had to do was uninstall the ati drivers completly , then reinstall the drivers from fresh. After I did thes I have not had any issues . Also another good tip if you guys are playing alot of mp4 , you may want to go into the registry and change the videomemmaxuse to decimal 16 Practice and Enjoy !

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 4:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)