Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASKING FOR HELP, How to change the songs icons (Video, karaoke, played song) in the browser ? I tried hours.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

m_choseHome userMember since 2010
First of all, I am french canadian, sorry for my poor english.

Virtual Dj 7 pro, window XP Service Pack 3

I am able to edit a existing standard skin with photoshop, everywhere in the page, *** BUT the changes done in the icons area don’t apear in my browser.

What I tried :
Try 1
Decompress the files in : documents/virtualDJ/Skins
I edited a skin bmp
A saved it with a new name
I copied the xml file for this skin and changed the name to the same name of the bmp new file
Doesn’t work for the icons

Try 2
I gave the same original name of the skin ex: 1280x1024.xml, 1280x1024.bmp
Put it back in: ' virtual dj 7 (2decks)’ then compress : virtual dj 7 (2decks).zip

Try 4-5-6
I did the change on the bmp files with paint instead of photoshop

Try 7-8-9 etc
I tried with other skin resolutions.

Try 10-11...1452
I found on the web that I have to edit the xml file to change the icons. I have tu put a new line before the </browser> last line:
The new line is : <customicons x="pixelx" y="pixely"/>
Where ‘pixelx’ and ‘pixely” are the first top left pixel of the icons area oin photoshop.

It gave in the xml :
BROWSER
<browser>
<size width="1259" height="576" />
<pos x="11" y="437"></pos>
<text font="Segoe" size="15" color="#ffffff" selected="#678930" stripes="#171717"/>
<options font="Segoe" size="13" color="#000000" over="#000000"/>
<widgets font="Segoe" size="13" color="#ffffff"
facecolor="#2E2E2E"
lightcolor="#2E2E2E"
shadowcolor="#2E2E2E"
darkshadowcolor="transparent"
highlightcolor="transparent"
trackcolor1="transparent"
trackcolor2="transparent" />
<customicons x="770" y="2730"/>
</browser>
<tooltip font="Segoe" size="12" color="#FFFFFF" back="#000000" shortcut="#808080" />
--- Browser ---

Doesn’t work for the icons !!!

Next : I tried different values, then I tried different xml syntax like: <customicons x="770" y="2730"></customicons>

I cannot stand it anymore, icons are too small to see the differences between some of them, or to see the difference between the orange and the red (played song).

Can you help me on this ??
I really searched a lot for this.
Tx for your futur help

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 10:48 pm
I don't mean to be rude, just wanna help, but did you place a custom icons box in your skin with the icons you want?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 8:29 am
I don't mean to be rude, just wanna help, but did you place a custom icons box in your skin bitmap (*.bmp) file with the icons you want?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 11:09 am
When it comes to switching icons you have to be very precise. What I did was find the box where the icons are in the bitmap. Next find the icon you want to change and replace it with mine. It has to be the same size.

Huey

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 11:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 11:49 am
m_choseHome userMember since 2010
I don't mean to be rude, just wanna help, but did you place a custom icons box in your skin bitmap (*.bmp) file with the icons you want?

shur I did : as I said "I did the change on the bmp files with paint instead of photoshop"

but thank you everyone, I did a mistake with the x and y coordinates

and in fact: on the link in the message above :
" where x1,y1 are the coordinates of the top left corner of the icons.
The Icons should be 128X128 pixels total , and each icon should be 16X16. "

this 16 x16 works for all other icons, but the songs icons in the browser need to be 12x 12, so smaller than others with 4 pixels blank at the bottom and right, so : 12x12 in a 16x16 pixels square

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 1:52 am
1st of all i would like to give a million thanx to User Jmf28 :-) ive ask countless tymes here on the website asking for help on how to change the default icons to show something better,than an dumb LiL red line through the songs already played. & not one user/Dj gave me any info nor any help or suggestions except (Jmf28). he took the tyme to tell me i was using the wrong program (Microsoft Paint) to edit the PNG files & said to use (Photo Filter 7) And it's free at that. now im busy changing skins ive downloaded to my liking. thats just one example but now i know how to change or get rid of that plain grey music symbol with an red line through it for songs already played.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)