Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: A graphic eq that will show me music in realtime?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys. Ive been using vdj for a while now. And I'd really like a graphic equaliser that shows frequency bands being hit by the music in realtime. Much like youd see on some Hi-fi systems. So I know about the 32 band eq you can get for vdj. That's not what I want. I can already change the eq with my mixer. I want a visual aid so I can see how much headroom I have so I can boost. That way I can see if I'm potentially causing distortion or clipping by increasing let's say the bass. The VU meter will show you if your going in the red overall and that's not what I want. Firstly I can cause distortion by not going in the red on the VU. Second some of you may say use your ears. I don't think it's always that obvious.. Thirdly I want to be able to know how far I can push the high mid and low before I cause distortion. I always try to cut frequencies before I boost them but this would be useful for me and for obvious reasons. I want to milk my mixer for everything it's got.

Is there such a thing. Maybe a plugin? Or something that could work in conjunction with vdj?

Thanks for helping.

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 3:14 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)