Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ "Minimum/Suggested Computer Specs" ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Where are the "Minimum and Suggested Computer Specs" for VDJ Pro posted?

Usually, it is on the software box, or at least on the website, so you can ensure your system can run it before buying. I have looked in the Wiki, and FAQs, and everywhere I would normally find that info, but haven't found it.

I have an off-lease IBM ThinkPad T-61, and before buying VDJ, I want to be sure it runs and will work with my MixDeck. I haven't downloaded the Free version of VDJ, because that version apparently doesn't have a way to use an external MIDI controller. Since that is how I plan to DJ, not being able to connect via MIDI would do me no good for testing purposes.

I have upgraded to 4 gig RAM, though the system only shows 2.99GB (running Windows XP Pro 2002, SP3). It is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T5270 @ 1.4GHz.

It is an older computer (2007-ish), otherwise I would have no concern.

Will it run VDJ Pro?

Thank you. =)

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 11:45 am
Your computer should handle Virtual DJ well, although you may need to optimized Windows. Video mixing may be out of the question depending on whether you have a dedicated graphics card or not.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

PC Platform
Minimum system requirements:

Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ XP
1024x768 resolution
DirectX compatible soundcard
512MB RAM
50MB free on the hard drive

RECOMENDED system requirements:

Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon™ X2
1280x1024 resolution
Multi-channel DirectX compatible soundcard
1024MB RAM
200MB free on the hard drive

Additional requirements for Video mixing:

2048MB (2GB) RAM
ATI™ or NVIDIA® video card w/256MB of Dedicated DDR3 RAM
Video card must support dual-screen output

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:18 pm
Thank you for the response.

I like VDJ because one program can do music, video, and karaoke. As far as I know, the others don't. You end up buying more programs, and having to learn more programs... Simple = nice!

I don't think my laptop has a graphics card, but I don't know how to tell for certain.

Do you know if karaoke is also graphics intensive, or do you think my machine can handle it?

Posted Sun 15 May 11 @ 8:45 pm
You can use the free version with the Mixdeck for 10 minutes then the system resets. That's the point of the free home version, so you can test out things and see if its to your liking.

Huey

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 12:29 am
Drew-b-do wrote :
I haven't downloaded the Free version of VDJ, because that version apparently doesn't have a way to use an external MIDI controller. Since that is how I plan to DJ, not being able to connect via MIDI would do me no good for testing purposes.

actually.. testing with the free version, with out a controller, is still the best way to test out VDJ before buying..
The midi controllers do not add a lot of "overhead" anyways, so if it works great without the controller, then when you go ahead and purchase the program, you already know its GONNA WORK!
:-)

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 12:23 pm
hehe... Well, I just saw these messages, but as you may notice by my "badge" thingie, I have just purchased the Pro version. Hopefully it will work on this laptop.

I am more impressed with the quality and ease of use of VDJ than I am with the forum layout (nothing against the respondents! I appreciate your assistance greatly!!). I seem to have a have a hard time finding information in the forums without asking for help.

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 9:14 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
You can use the free version with the Mixdeck for 10 minutes then the system resets. That's the point of the free home version, so you can test out things and see if its to your liking.

Huey

Yay! I see you are a Mixdeck user also. I like the Mixdeck. I do wish the cross-fader was MIDI-capable, but otherwise, it has been a good first controller for me.

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 9:18 pm
acavan2PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi,

I found out that I can video mix via HDMI in full screen on a separate monitor, with my "Windows 7 Home" machine (HP DV6) once I upgraded to 8GB of RAM from 4GB. I don't have an separate ATI or NVIDIA video card. I have to kill all other programs and turn wifi off. Also I have to click on "keep ratio (full)" in video config. Also I went to a Windows 7 basic theme.

Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron.

Posted Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 5:04 pm
Now imagine how much better things would be for you if you had a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.............Oh the things you can do......

Posted Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 5:20 pm
hi guys i have a gigabyte mother bord with a 9500 geforce graphics card 1 gig and i have 2 gig ddr2 ram
with a intel cele cpu @ 3.46 ghz but my songs take long to load on the decks please help :(

Posted Sun 31 Mar 13 @ 8:19 am
Hello my computer is i7 SAMSUNG 4 ram nvidia g force graphis .. what Virtual can use what version but i register the 6 virtual and after i do a ADD DATABASE ande when i serch a song the virtual is fraze and i can do nothing .. i waiting when he leave me to work again ... what to do what the problem is..becouse when i register the virtual 8 is everything ok but the 8 is so dificilt and now i don't know what virtual to register.. plz can u tell me something thnx.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 4:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)