Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: I'm actually starting to get upset

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, I've had my Blackest Night skin up for less that 30 days and as I always do with my skin, as I'm sure other designers do as well, I'm checking on the downloads quite often.

My monthly downloads hasn't moved off of the number 2 since it's been approved.

The total downloads is climbing like crazy though, over 330 at last check.

So I sent in a trouble ticket FOREVER ago explaining the problem

And I get an answer back today... There is no problem, the system tracks unique downloads, there is no gllitch.

SERIOUSLY!!?!?!?

I'm supposed to believe that NOBODY has downloaded my skin since it's been released? that only MYSELF and one other person have downloaded the skin over 300 f@!#ing times!?!?!?
Insert screaming fit here

I was hoping that some of you teamer types that live in here could maybe look into this for me since apparently submitting a trouble ticket was a gargantuan waste of my time.

DjChuck

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13048/BLACKEST_NIGHT.html

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 11:25 am
I think it might of been the bright colour that put people off.

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 12:54 pm
Don't get me wrong its a nice idea, but...............(speaking for myself here) because of the color (or lack of colors) its not really a practical skin that I would use. Everything just blends together. My barebones skin I don't think has reached a hundred downloads after almost 4/5 months, lol!

Nothing really to get that worked up about............can't have a winner everytime.
Huey

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 2:25 pm
I think you guys are missing my point.

I know for a fact that more than 2 people have downloaded the skin. I know I haven't downloaded it over 330 times. and I have comments from people who have used it.

my point is that the counter isn't working

ugh

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 4:26 pm
look, I'm not crazy! go look at it yourself.

It shows 2 monthly downloads 343 total, it's been up since april 21st 2011

less than one month

now I can honestly say I may have downloaded it 10-20 times (and 20 is being very generous)

So what the support team is trying to tell me is that one person has downloaded the skin over 300 times... nobody else... just one person

and that doesn't even take into consideration that it said 2 downloads before it even got approved

so what they are really trying to tell me is that since the skin was approved... my monthly downloads have increased exactly 0 while my total has shot up like a rocket.

This has nothing to do with being a good or bad skin or wether or not people are downloading it

I've had flops and they still track correctly. This is an anomoly not being un-popular

And of course I'm not even counting the handful of people that have downloaded and left comments in my forum about it...

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 4:35 pm
O.k. I downloaded it so...thats two...he,he...no... I'm sure there where tons...I agree with CB...there's a glitch...

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 5:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
CB, you miss something here...

The total amount of Downloads is telling you how many times your skin has been downloaded from the day it was approved.

The other number you see is the number of the downloads, that your skin had during last month (thats April). So next month you will see a much larger number :)

PS. If you get upset, make a skin. It works for me. Its relaxing me :)

Enjoy !

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 9:42 pm
OK, see now that makes sense Bob. I even asked if it was a calendar month or a running 30 days. So the "2" is the number of downloads in April so next month the number will change to reflect the downloads for May.

OK

Now that makes sense.

I had a feeeling you would be the one to clear that up for me.

Chuck

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 9:56 pm
and I'm way ahead of you on the skin making thing... lol

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 9:57 pm
Now,now chuck.....behave.....LoL....

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:03 am
har har tracker...

go strum something LOL

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:55 am
djdad wrote :
PS. If you get upset, make a skin. It works for me. Its relaxing me :)

+1

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 10:59 am
Ok, it's next month now and none of my skins have updated their monthly totals. Is anyone else noticing this because this really seems to be a recent (within the last month) phenomenon. I could swear that the monthly downloads used to update a heck of a lot more often than every 30 days+

DjChuck

Posted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 11:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
cbgraphix wrote :
Ok, it's next month now and none of my skins have updated their monthly totals.

Non of mine too :)
Don't worry Chuck, they will be soon.

Just don't get upset :)

Posted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 12:42 pm
I'm not, no worries

Posted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 1:25 pm
Still not changed

Posted Mon 06 Jun 11 @ 12:13 pm
cbgraphix wrote :
Still not changed

There are many with that problem

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)