Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Wanting 2 Make My Own Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As the title says I want 2 make my own skin, but I don't know how 2 get started can someone point me either a)to a how to get started place or b) point me in the right direction.

Thx in advance.

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 1:54 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The best way is to open a skin you already have. Open the picture in pantshop and the xml with notepad(or other texteditor).
for example: You can search your xml for "play" And you know where the play-button is in the picture.
Try to understand how this works.
Whe all spent a lot of time trying to find out how this works, it's not hard to do but harder to learn.

Wiki

Good luck..

Best regards,
John

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 2:04 pm
You are correct about it's hard, and all I want 2 do is remove 2 buttons from each deck from this current skin

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 1:03 am
rd423 wrote :
You are correct about it's hard, and all I want 2 do is remove 2 buttons from each deck from this current skin

The code is easy... The image of the skin is the hard and the difficult thing to do

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 5:16 pm
Some people would feel differently Ro

If you want to remove buttons, the first step is to remove them from the BMP file. This can be done with your favorite graphics editing software. a little bit of graphic design skill doesn't hurt in this area.

The next step would be to open the XML file in a text editing program, notepad work splendidly for this, and locate the code for buttons that you removing. Try using the "find" feature in notepad and search for a string similar to this "button action="play_stutter"

the text in action=" . . . " is the key to finding the right button. If you have "tooltips" turned on in virtualdj, you can hover your mouse over the button and it will tell you what the associated action for that button is.

Once you have located the appropriate part of the xml file that contains the button code you are wanting to remove delete everything between these two tags <button ...> thru </button>

Save the file and reload it into Virtual DJ and voila! No more buttons.

It should be noted that you have to extract the BMP and XML files from their ZIP folder and when you are done editing them they need to be reloaded back into the ZIP folder, replacing the original versions

Damn I'm verbose.

Whbew

Hope that helps!

Chuck

Posted Thu 12 May 11 @ 12:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)