Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [Request] Extended Karaoke Plugin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi PROgrammers,

i am searching for an Special Plugin.

I play Karaoke in an BAR where you can not see from all places and rooms to the stage.

so we use an camera and monitors so all can see the performance on stage, no i had the idea if there will be an plugin where u can invisible the solid background of an Karaoke CDG File, i can use Camera plugin and karaoke Text so all people can sing along or only see what's on the stage.

I know some CDG file change background each frame (DK Karaoke) but Sunfly and Soundchoice have an solid background the whole song...

Maybe have someone an idea or an solution...

think it will be an good idea for performing karaoke

Posted Sat 07 May 11 @ 3:57 pm
Hi Lucky,

Wallter was working one a process to convert CDG to FLV with transparency. Not sure where he's at with it. Once done this can be played in Essential Flash with transparency and audio.

Here's a sample wallter put up previously using EF and clipbank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzQxwvvmUM

If this is an option for you, then you can try and find some conversion tool to do this. Wallter would know more about this. I used AVS to convert from CDG to FLV and I ended up with an FLV with no transparency, but tools probably exist that do this with more control over the output.

Posted Sat 07 May 11 @ 7:12 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ludwig, use the camera tab in the Firetext plugin, fade it over the top or below. Just after a gig so I hope thats what you were after.

Posted Sat 07 May 11 @ 7:33 pm
Ok, good ideas but not that what i want ...

i play karaoke shows, with whole evening Karaoke, use the standard VDJ Plugin for sort and manage Singers and Songs.

I have more than 30.000 MP+G Songs :-) if i have alll them converted I am an Old man :-)

i Know some Programs which can invisible the Background, but they are not as comfortable as VirtualDJ, and the most i tried can not use an camera pic only an Background picture (maybe for commercial)

just take a look on the proggy if know need your own opinion --"Virtual DJ Studio" www.vdj.net-- (no Program for Atomix, but not so bad)

"Custom background images is a unique feature: no other Karaoke program give you this much control. Lyrics are displayed on top of any JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG image you like. You can even have VDJ automatically darken the image when lyrics are being displayed, for easy readability. "

this is the feature i wanted to add to VirtualDJ but not only for pictures also for Camera or Clipbank etc...

if anyone need some MP3+G files to see how they works, send me an PN

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 2:54 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
Sorry, I've lost my interest lately, but there is a way... Play your MP3+G over VDJ, click on Firetext's camera tab and play with Alpha slider (around 50% will be enough). I'm not sure how to enable camera in Pangolin, Don could tell you more. About converting MP3+G's to total transparency, there is a whole procedure in my Flash topic somewhere...

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 3:15 am
Ideally there would be some batch conversion tool that striped all the junk out of a CDG file and convert just the text to a transparent FLV with audio.

I don't know much about the CDG format yet. There seems to be plenty of conversion tools for this but not sure how much control you have over them. The only one I have tried is AVS and it's pretty basic. No control over it for the most part.

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 3:56 am
Found this... http://vjfx.com/catalog/with-keys-p-37.html?cPath=2

Actually, these are Freeframe color key plugins, but there are no demos to try it out. If anyone's using it, he could tell more about it. There are some words about VDJ usability, but I don't really understand anything about that 2 inputs part...

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 5:05 am
wallter wrote :
About converting MP3+G's to total transparency, there is a whole procedure in my Flash topic somewhere...

have not found it on your topic, maybe you can copy and paste it to this topic please..

but there must be an way, to handle it easier, a plugin that check the backround colour (if i understand everything correct its written into the cdg file) and invisible it.

Transparency with FT is an temporary solution, but need an special plugin :-)

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 2:25 pm
Lucky, I have looked some more on the issue. To me as it stands now, it looks to be completely doable without having to know a color key and also support for background color changes without conversion.

By 'completely' I mean speculating about 90 percent. This might change as I get more familiar with CDG and as I look at more CDG files.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to focus on this right now but I will look at it periodically.

The long and short of it is, it's a good question. The CDG format seems rather old school to me but it's the most widely used karaoke format so that's what we have.

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 3:15 pm

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 4:05 pm
Yes CDG looks bad to me wallter. Seems like a new standard for karaoke would be in place by now. Old ideas die hard I quess.

I was thinking, 'Do they all look so bad?", but maybe I have just not seen enough of them :)

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 4:13 pm
OK i prepare an Package with some CDG Files..

I know CDG has not the best resolution, but its the standard for HQ Playbacks.

And for good CDG Playbacks is the sound essential not the video resolution, some of my Colleagues use old TV systems not Flatscreens..so the resolution is enough, on some systems i have to use S-video to connect my system to the TV system of the club.

ok walter if you create an new world standard i am the first who will use it :-)

Posted Sun 08 May 11 @ 5:53 pm
So be the first ;-) This swf example (7 kb) is using mp3 from the net, so you must be online when playing it over Adobe flash player.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qrc5536cuj4kzn

It's not real karaoke, it's using the song with vocal cause it's been easier to make... ;-)

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 3:21 am

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 8:23 am
Ok!

but its only an half step solutiuon.....

Maybe nobody from the Plugin programmes is intersting in Programming the one i want.. (nobody has downloaded my sample Pack)

The problem is with CDG file you can use all Feature from VDJ to play them, show people who sings who is the next etc.

so you have to use Essential Flash or the Firetext Plugin, but this makes my GIG more difficult not als easy as playing with VDJ

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 10:43 am
I know what you mean, and I posted you a link up there for VJFX's plugins (with key plugins). Those are freeframe plugins, the same ones actually working within VDJ. The best color key plugin I've ever seen is in the Sony Vegas software. VJFX is not allowing any trials, so I bet they're bad ones. It is possible to make such a plugin for VDJ, I actually found some old topics on this forum about it, but CDG is ancient format and there's not many people really interested in developing anything for it. If I found something, I'll let you know. Cheers...

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 1:06 pm
Lucky, I did some more playing around with this.

I do have cdg files playing with transparency. The transparency is created on the fly with no user intervention. It works best when the cdg file is fairly clean...

There is alot more I have to do with it but it's definitely a maybe in the future :)

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 5:38 pm
Ok have you got an BETA,

just to see how it works....

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 12:50 am
I hope to have a beta soon, but the main focus of this beta is not CDG files. Most likely though, I will include the ability to play them back in the beta.

It's one thing to play them and another to organize the playback of them, that is by singer, title, etc... This part will most likely not be availbale iniitially...

Currently I am just not focusing on CDG files but as time permits I have experimented with them. My feeling is I have a whole lot more to do with it.

The few CDG files I did play back worked pretty good. The text was very clean. It depends largely on the CDG file itself but mostly I think these files have clean text with perhaps some iniital backgrounds. Is that correct ?

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 1:25 am

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 1:28 pm
80%