Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Need help with skins resolution and where to get my resizer code....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay....after a year of no problems as my style changed I learned the hard way the Denonhc4500 skin I was using had problems where if I make the side list window larger and smaller it crashes.

So I decided to go back to what I call the default or generic VDJ skin, it's better in many ways.

however,

My laptop wants the resolution to be 1366 x 768 which much to my dismay is not offered in that generic VDJ skin,
While I feel with the price of the VDJ software I should be provided a skin I can use with my system that is not the case.

So on to the skin resizer, which from feedback on here would appear to be a bit "buggy"
While I do not speak French I did get to the point where I paid for the resizer but I didnt get any code number or link to a download for a code....again I don't read French so if it was in French I missed it that way.
So how do I get my code number?

I have a show Friday and would love to have a Skin that wont crash and fits my screen...
Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
P.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hi,
You can still download and use any of the 1366X768 skins available here http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html?category=all&order=default&resolution=1366&search=

If you still need the default skin at 1366X768, use the Resizer Tool. The browser resize option might not be available for you, but you can do the following...

Use the Resizer Tool and resize the default 1440X900 to 1366X853 (same ratio). Then open the xml file of that new skin and edit the first line..

<skin ........................... height="768" .... >

Also find the browser element and edit the height of the browser...

<browser>
< .... height="a-86" >

a is the excisting number you will find in there. Just add that -86.
Save, exit and rezip the new files. You can rename those 1440X900 xml and bmnp files too as 1366X768 and rezip again.

Hope it helps you.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:53 am
Thanks, I think I followed what you said do,

I placed the XML and bitmap into a zip and placed them in the "skins" folder when I clicked to apply the skin it said there was a problem with line 11 in the XML file,

Perhaps it would be better if I figure out how to get that code to make the resizer fully working......

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 9:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From line 11 begins the logo elements (2 of them)..replace those 2 bold lines..

<logo>
<size width="60" height="17"></size>
</logo>
<logo os="mac">
<size width="60" height="17"></size>
</logo>

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)